Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Past

Oh, people.

It’s very late on Sunday night and I just now realized that it is Sunday, not Saturday. Which means it’s almost Monday and I thought I had another day to write a post.

I blame it on two consecutive days of doing nothing but watching a Jon and Kate Plus 8 marathon … it caused me to lose all sense of time and space. I’ll just do what Kate would do and blame it all on Jon. :)

So, since I have nothing prepared I thought I’d show you what I have done on Memorial Day weekends in the past. Back in 2001, my entire family gathered at my parents’ home for Memorial Day weekend to have a much needed family photo taken. The weather was perfect and all the nieces and nephews had so much fun playing together that we decided to make it a yearly tradition. And we really did a good job of sticking to it for a number of years.

Of course, I kind of broke the pattern when I stopped being able to travel, but the last time I was home in 2007 we had the most perfect weekend I can ever recall. It was a great note for me to end on, so I thought I’d share my scrapbook layouts of that weekend with you. :)

If you click on the photos below you can see larger versions of the layouts…

scrap page 51scrap page 52scrap page 53scrap page 54scrap page 55scrap page 56scrap page 57scrap page 58 
Some of my family still made it home this weekend, and my brother Steve’s family stopped in today on their way back from the weekend at Mom and Dad’s. I’m happy to say I got to officially meet the newest member of their family, Ozzy:

IMG_7199

Can you say precious? Such a sweet puppy. And I swear to God he has eyes. I dug through the fur until I found them. :)

IMG_7198

This is my sister-in-law Patience with Ozzy, Cooper and Avery. If you’re wondering where my brother Steve was at, he was in the TV room wrangling Riley with the door securely shut so as not to traumatize poor Ozzy. When Riley was inside the house and we introduced Ozzy from the patio on the other side of the window, Riley made it very clear his only purpose in life was to tear Ozzy limb from limb.

IMG_7194

And I know one little boy who would not be so happy about that.

I will say, though, that Patience held Ozzy when we let Riley out of the room… and Riley did remarkably well. I think he was just so relieved to see me again and have me hold him that he couldn’t have cared less another dog was in the house. He even let Patience pet him while holding another dog. That was a HUGE step for my pup. We weren’t crazy enough to push our luck and set them on the ground or get their faces near each other, but we were pretty darn pleased that we got as far as we did.

IMG_7192

Ozzy lives to rule another day.

_MG_5725

He just won’t be ruling in this guy’s house.

2 comments:

  1. oh my ozzie, he's cute!

    and you are so creative, friend. those scrapbook pages are incredible.

    Recent blog post: brOKen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scrap book pages are awesome. Perhaps I should think of doing something with those shoe boxes full of photos in the basement...

    And Ozzie?? Oh, what a cuddle bug. But I still vote for Riley :)

    Recent blog post: Buddy the Dog or "What's for Lunch?"

    ReplyDelete