Saturday, June 16, 2012

Honoring Dad and Grandma

Today is an extra special day...It is Grandma Rita's 90th birthday and Father's day.

To all you dad's out there that have been faithful readers and friends to my sister Sara, Happy Father's day and blessings to each and every one of you.

With both Dad and Sara in Heaven, I never think of one without thinking of the other.

I was visiting with my son, Thomas the other night, reminiscing about Dad and Sara, when he made the comment that Sara reminds him so much of Job in the bible. He commented on how Job was tested with pain and suffering and yet never lost his trust in God.

Through no fault of his own, Job lost his wealth, children and health. But, the greatest trial for Job was not the pain or loss; it was not being able to understand why God allowed him to suffer.

In the early years of Sara's disease, we all questioned and wondered "why." Why would God put someone so wonderful, one of His children through so much pain and suffering? Although none of us could fully understand why Sara had to go through the pain she endured, it did lead her (and me) to discovering God more fully. Sara was so obedient and faithful...Sara chose how to respond, and she chose to respond faithfully to God.

Job and Sara showed us the kind of trust we are to have in God. When everything is stripped away, we are to recognize that God is all we ever really have or need. God gives us himself, but not necessarily all the details of his plans. We must remember that this life, with all it's pain, is not our final destiny.

Our final destiny is with our Heavenly Father, and that's exactly where dad and Sara are.  I was reading the post Sara wrote called, "Our Earthly Existence." In this post, she talked about a dream she had 2 months to the day after dad's funeral.

Sara had a dream about a place that was familiar, warm and comforting. Yet, it was better...more beautiful, more warm, more complete. Sara saw dad...and dad said she could stay. He told her "that all was put right again."

I do believe that for dad and Sara, "all is put right again." And, one day for all of us, it will be too.

This Father's day, Sara is personally celebrating Father's day with our Heavenly Father AND my dad! A true dream come true for her. Dad and Sara are sharing the dance they had been waiting to share for so long.


Please dance one for me, Sara! I really miss you both.



Happy Father's day, dad! Thanks for being a remarkable father and role model.

AND...

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma! You and dad were so very much alike...you both made life happier. You were both so loving and selfless; full of strength and faith. May God bless you today and always! I love you so...


I am so very blessed with such a wonderful family and treasured memories!!

Laura

19 comments:

  1. Greate post. Keep writing such kind of information on your
    page. Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have performed an excellent job.
    I'll certainly digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this
    website.
    my web page :: addictinggames.com potty racers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure this post has touched all the internet people, its really really nice paragraph on building up
    new weblog.
    Feel free to surf my site - http://mikokuno.jimdo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful information. Fortunate me I found your website accidentally, and I'm surprised why this accident didn't came about in advance!

    I bookmarked it.
    My web page ; acme comedy club

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! Do yоu know if they makе any plugins
    to protect against haсkerѕ? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've workeԁ hard
    on. Any recοmmendatіons?
    My web-site - hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    However, how can we communicate?
    Also see my web page :: treatmentsforgenitalherpes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really fascinating, You're a very professional blogger. I've joined your feed and look
    ahead to in quest of extra of your great post. Additionally,
    I've shared your web site in my social networks
    Review my web page ... dilandaump3.webs.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find
    this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll
    try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my webpage - bid4insurance.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been running a blog for?
    you made running a blog look easy. The entire look of
    your web site is great, let alone the content material!

    Feel free to visit my web-site: acura integra emblem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and in depth information you provide.
    It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material.
    Great read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.

    Here is my blog - ver champions League en vivo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post. I will be facing many of these issues as well.
    .

    my website; Ver Champions League Gratis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, all the time i used to check web
    site posts here early in the dawn, because i enjoy to gain
    knowledge of more and more.

    my blog post: Champions league 2013

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up everyone, it's my first go to see at
    this web page, and paragraph is in fact fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of posts.


    My blog - devsoft.biz

    ReplyDelete
  13. еach time і uѕed tο read smalleг posts ωhich аs ωell
    сlear thеіr motive, anԁ that іs also happening ωith
    thіs post whiсh I am reading at this tіme.


    My blοg :: http://www.kumarestates.com/adani-adani-waterlily-102/comment-page-272/

    ReplyDelete
  14. І lіke thе ѵаluable іnfo уou proѵidе іn youг artiсles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    Stop by my website - abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thаnkfulnеss to my father who told me regarԁіng thіs blog, this ωеbpage is genuinеly awesome.


    my blog post crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Нowdy just wanted to give you a quiсk heads up and let you know a few of the ρictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure ωhy
    but I think its a linking іssue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: Crear Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unquestionably imagine that which yоu stated.
    Υour favoгite reason sеemed to be оn
    the web the eаsiest fаctor to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely gеt аnnoyeԁ
    whilst other peοple consiԁеr worries that they just ԁo not κnoω about.
    Υou managed to hіt the nail upon the top as neatly as defined out
    the whole thing wіthοut havіng side effeсt
    , other folks can tаke а signal. Will likely be again tο get
    morе. Thanks

    Look аt my wеblog :: wiki-ins.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. whoah this blog іs wonԁеrful і like studying your аrticles.
    Keеp up the good work! You underѕtand, lotѕ of individualѕ
    are looking arοund for thіs info, уou could help them greatly.



    Μy blog; crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A small number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

    Visit my page ... crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete