Monday, September 24, 2012

Friendship

Sara treasured each of you. Sara treasured your friendships.

"Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety." 
~Proverbs 11:14

It is so humbling to read all of your comments and e-mails about our sweet Sara. How she provided guidance and comfort to you personally, in a way only Sara knew how. Please know how much we, Sara's family, treasure your stories. Through your stories, there is a presence of Sara and that is so comforting.

What we want you to remember today, is the gift of friendship you gave to Sara. Your friendship provided guidance and comfort to her. When I reflect on Sara's illness and the last several years that she was not able to leave the four walls of her home, I turn to a place of gratitude. Gratitude for the friendships she found in each of you.

You helped Sara live life. You gave her hope and a reason for being. You gave her a purpose for getting up in the morning. You helped fill her heart with love and joy. For that, we are eternally grateful!

As I was reading through your comments, one of you reminded me of something Sara said. "...if I am still on this earth, it means He has intended for me to do something more. If I didn't have something more to do, He would reward me by taking me home to Him." God has plans for each of us and I believe that not only was her plan to make a difference in your life, but it was for you to also gift Sara. Gift her with your community, your friendships, your love.

Sara lived the plan He had for her with open arms, with an open heart, with joy. What I believe God and Sara would want from us, is to continue living the plan that we are here to accomplish.   Take what we learned from them and continue walking our faith journey with open arms, an open heart, with joy.

Sara trusted God and knew that whatever reason He had for her to live the life she was given, there was a purpose. She trusted that He had the bigger picture and she stepped forward in faith by living the life that was in front of her. I am going to make sure the pain and suffering as well as the love and joy she experienced to live the life that was in front of her, was not in vain. I am going to make sure that her purpose, her wisdom, her gift of teaching and modeling for us is carried on through my life. Will you join me in that?

Thank you for being Sara's friend. Thank you for being her counselor.  You helped her so she wouldn't fall, you helped her feel safe in fulfilling His plan. You helped her keep her faith.

And the Master said, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share in your Master's happiness."   ~Matthew 25:21

One year ago today, Sara journeyed to be with our Master, our Father. She is home, on Holy Ground, with Him. Sara is singing, dancing and praising Him joyfully.

http://soundcloud.com/gitzengiirl/03-holy-ground

Love and blessings from all of Sara's family! We are grateful to each of you for always being her friend and bringing joy to her life.



Peace.
blog comments powered by Disqus