Monday, February 1, 2016

A Month of Love

Hello Friends! This is Sara's sister Laura.

Tomorrow is February 1st. The beginning of a month that we will begin preparing for lent. A month of celebrating those we love and a month focused on the wellness of our heart.

John 3:16 says:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

As a Christian, the church Holidays have always held a special place in my heart, but after losing dad and Sara, those Holidays have become even more meaningful. As we begin the month of February...a month of love, I am thinking about how grateful I am that God loved us so much that He gave us His only Son! Because of this sacrifice, dad and Sara... all our loved ones, will have eternal life! Without this ultimate love, we would not be meeting the people we love in Heaven.



As I read and re-read Sara's book, Choose Joy: Finding Hope and Purpose When Life Hurts, I also am reminded of her wish of making sure we Savor our moments. Sara told us... 

"I want you to STOP. I want you to FEEL and SMELL and ACKNOWLEDGE the gifts that God puts out in front of you every single day when He makes the sun rise from it's slumber and beat down on your skin. I want you to look up in the dark of night and see and feel the magnitude of the heavens and the stars and the full moon. I want you to be fully awake to the blessings in your life and not miss a moment. Take them in and savor them in your senses as if you might lose them tomorrow. Savor your life and blessings. And thank our God for the gift of it all. That is the best gift...To know that my life taught you something about your own."

Yes, Sara...you taught us much, but one thing you taught us most of all, is to savor our moments. You never know when those moments will be gone.

So, as we begin this month of love, I want to express my gratitude to all of you who loved our sweet Sara and continue to love my family so well. For joining us in this ministry of Choosing Joy...

May God bless you always and in all ways...

Laura
blog comments powered by Disqus