Monday, October 24, 2016

Choose Surrender Day 24: When we feel broken



As I have focused this month on surrender, I have learned that in order for us to truly surrender, we must first remove ourselves from the distractions of our crazy world and BE in His presence. When we are distracted, we are not able to hear Him clearly. Unless we are free from distraction, we aren't in a place to truly turn ourselves back over to Him and His authority.

Revelation 3:20 says..."Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

I think it is safe to say that each one of us have felt broken at different times in our lives. I remember talking with Sara when I was feeling sad, alone or hurt. The minute I would start sharing with her, I could feel the guilt start pouring over me. Who was I to complain when she was the one hurting...she was the one broken.

Sara was the first to stop me dead in my tracks. She would tell me that the pain each of us feel is real and no one person's pain is less significant than another persons. Sara wanted us to be real with her. She didn't want us to protect her. I think that is what God wants from us too ... to be real with Him. 

We can't hide anything from God. He knows our heart, he knows our spirit and He alone can bring us Joy, Peace and Refuge, so we can be strong when we are weak. 

I surrender to Him.
blog comments powered by Disqus