Friday, October 3, 2008

Nosey

Oh, people... it's late and I suddenly realized that I forgot to get a blog post ready. Oops.

My friend Meg took me to get blood work done today, which means I left the house, which means I'm tired and not breathing so well this evening, which means I have very little in my brain to say.

But let me tell you ... it was a GORGEOUS day to venture outside. The sun was shining, the air was cool, a jacket was needed. It was like my own personal version of heaven. Every time I am careful and cover my face with a scarf and try not to breathe in outside air I end up inhaling enough to have problems anyway, so today we rolled down the windows, opened the sun roof, let the sun hit my face and enjoyed the moment.

That may have been a mistake with the way my eyes feel bruised and my head is aching from the reaction, but I don't regret it a bit... that sunshine felt too good to pass up. The trip to the clinic, getting my blood work taken and coming home takes all of 20 minutes, but I feel like I got a month's worth of blue sky and sunshine stored in my brain.

Now I'm not going to lie to you... I feel like a heroin addict who just had a hit and needs more. But before you all start feeling sorry for me about my return to confinement, you should know that this is what welcomed me home, and has been in my face ever since:

IMG_2308

You would have thought I was gone for 20 years instead of 20 minutes for how happy he was to see me, and I find it impossible not to be happy when I see that nose.

Have a great weekend and check back on Monday... I have a new little twist planned on the blog next week! :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that face......He is just precious. But I am sure you already know that. So glad you made it out for a bit, sorry you are not feeling so well from the venture. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that face is a guaranteed laugh out loud. Hope you're feeling better this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What would we do without our precious little friends? His nose reminds me of Mabel's. :) I hope you feel better and have a good and restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray your breathing gets better. And I don't know why you didn't take Riley in you hip sling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anita: Pup hip slings only exists on models in magazines and on your site... I have enough trouble managing the crutches and getting into the car with my purse slung across my body. :) Besides, Riley may have complicated matters a bit. Especially when the nurse attacked me with a needle... Riles might not have been overly nice to her in that moment. Sharp teeth. Protective. You get the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose since I was being "nosy" (not to be confused with "Nosey"!), I should at least leave a comment :o) I've seen your comments on a couple of the blogs I have visited and they always make me smile (you are definitely "witty" :o) ). Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. Hope you had a good day.
    Take care,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sure is some face to come home to!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I never thought about it, but that's funny how you noticed the chocolate chips and I went through the struggle of trying to make a microwave cake for some chocolate, and I could've just have eaten the chips like you said. Just like me sometimes to miss the obvious...oy.

    I notice that you're from Iowa. Me too! I was born and raised in Dubuque!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you were able to get out if only for a bit. It's frustrating what the air can do to us. For me it's the cold, heat, and wind which encompasses every season...ugh.

    You have been blessed with an adorable friend and an optimistic outlook on life. Two great blessings, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is absolutely adorable!!
    I have a daschund (wienie dog is easier to spell)..who is my constant shadow and has to be constantly touching me.
    I love the saying.."I want to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete