Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gitz Bits 2011: Week 6

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, February 7, 2011

2.7.11

This is one of my absolute new favorite gadgets. [and y'all know how much I love gadgets!] I had gotten an Amazon gift card for Christmas and I used it for some practical things that make my life so much easier. Along with a couple of special pillows and bolsters to prop me up in bed, I got this great remote light switch.

I have lamps in my bedroom and in the hall that aren't always easy for me to reach the switches, so I plugged the cords into these special outlets and now I can turn them on and off by remote control.

It's like I'm living with the Jetsons :)

divider green

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2.8.11

Miss Nie Nie turned 11 on Tuesday, and we got to Skype just me and her. No moms or dads or little sisters waiting for their turn, just the two of us chatting until she had to go get ready for their night out.

I think it was more of a treat for me than her. I so love that kid.

divider green

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2.9.11

Even when he's a total bed-head mess, he's is completely adorable. He's less adorable when he gets in the garbage and licks ketchup all over his face, or when he pees on my carpet and I'm trying to scrub it, but these cute picture moments make up for the times I want to strangle him. :)

divider green

Thursday, February 10, 2011

2.10.11

I was looking out to see how much snow was melting in our 35 degree heat wave, when I noticed these tracks across the roof of the garage. I think they look too big to be a bird and, if so, I'm wondering at what point the animal stopped and jumped…

Maybe our crazy rabid raccoons have taken up extreme sports!

divider green

Friday, February 11, 2011

2.11.11

This was an early Valentine drawing I got from my friend Heidi's son Ian. I thought it was cute, and then I read the note attached to it.

"This is me and Sara, and she lives in an igloo."

I didn't have a great feeling weekend, so I haven't had a chance to call Heidi yet, but I died laughing. Because either she told him that I keep my house so cold everyone comes wearing three layers, or that kid has some serious psychic abilities!

divider green

Saturday, February 12, 2011

2.12.11

I literally lost the whole day on Saturday in what I call a coma-sleep. I call it that because I can't open my eyes or function, but my mind is totally aware of what's happening. I spend all those hours when my body is too exhausted to move, trying to make myself wake up.

It's so intensely frustrating.

But Riley didn't mind a bit. That lump is him, under all the covers and blankets, just snoozing away. It's definitely his favorite place to be. Maybe because he's so cold. :)

divider green

Sunday, February 13, 2011

2.13.11

This is my pre-Valentine's Day attire. Mom brought me a cute sweat suit as a Valentine's gift when she came to visit last week. Nothing like a cute heart on your jacket to make you feel loved. :)

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus