Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 10

gitz bits 2  divider blue

Friday, March 5, 2010

3.5.10

Ok, so you’ll have to look closely at this dark photo, but I wanted to capture the coziness of my Friday night. :) My friend Susie and I were just talking the other day about the fact that I never turned my furnace on once all winter, despite our –20 degree temperatures. She practically broke my eardrum when she exclaimed, “No WONDER I’m always freezing over there!”

I can’t help it if the poor girl doesn’t have steroids and Cushing’s to keep her body running like a furnace. :) Anyway, I can tell the Cushing’s has been easing up because there have been a couple of times when I’ve actually felt a chill in the air! So last Friday I flipped on my fireplace to warm the condo up for a minute, and Riley was in dog-heaven. I left it on even after I was plenty warm because the poor pup had been deprived of laying by the fire all winter, too.

And it gave him a much needed break from the Snuggie.

divider blue

Saturday, March 6, 2010

3.6.10

My town is so on fire right now with the fact that our University of Northern Iowa Panthers are headed to the NCAA tournament. This is a shot of us winning the semi-final game against Bradley on Saturday night… we went on to win the Missouri Valley Conference and are a #9 seed [although we all believe it should have been higher].

Let March Madness begin!!!

divider blue

Sunday, March 7, 2010

3.7.10

Sunday I went a little crazy. Every once in awhile I get a hankering to make a change… and since there are very few things I can do while cooped up in the condo 24/7, that change usually involves my hair [I’ve been cutting and coloring it myself for quite a few years now]. I had started getting the itch earlier in the week, so I ordered a dark mahogany color from drugstore.com that arrived on Saturday.

Pay close attention to the color on the box. See how it’s a really dark brown with some red showing through here and there? Keep that in mind when you look at Monday’s photo…divider blue

Monday, March 8, 2010

3.8.10

And here’s a shot of my mahogany hair.

Now, before all of you go yelling at me for hiding behind the camera, this is the first photo I’ve taken [or let be taken] of me since the whole Cushing’s fiasco. So let’s just call it a good first step, ok? What you should notice is that my hair is not so much dark brown as really red. But I think I like it, and it’s calmed down after a few washings.

Oh, and for the record, I’m not jaundiced… the yellow walls did something funky with my skin tone in this picture. :)

IMG_0013

Just for fun, I’m sneaking an old photo in for you… I had to go back to this photo to remember that my natural hair color is actually pretty dark, but really I’m posting it so you can understand why I’ve been telling my sister my new hair color is called “Grandma Flo.” Wouldn’t she have been proud? ;)

divider blue

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3.9.10

These are the two books that got me back into reading the past month or so. It was so hard being too week to even read the last eight months, and diving back into a couple of really good books was just what I needed. Matthew’s was such a quick and easy read, and Same Kind of Different As Me left a huge impact. I feel the “voracious reader” in me starting to come back to life, and it feels good.

divider blue

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3.10.10

My friend Meg came for a last minute lunch date on Wednesday, and I totally forgot to take a picture to show you. I think it’s because I’m alone 98% of the time that when people come over, my brain is stuck on HUMANS! IN MY HOUSE! and I forget all about my Gitz Bits mission for the blog. :)

To compensate for my lack of picture taking, I’m putting in this photo I took of Jonboy and Riley awhile back when they came to visit. Have you ever seen a cuter picture? I thought it was the perfect example of the sheer joy we get at having company.

Riley’s big old smile is totally screaming my sentiment of HUMANS! IN MY HOUSE! He’s also screaming, “Woman! When are you going to cut my hair?!” but I’m choosing to ignore that for now.

divider blue

Thursday, March 11, 2010

3.11.10

I was so excited that I finally got a picture of Riley not looking at the camera this day. I know… after all of my hard work training him to pose for Cheerios, you’d think I’d be thrilled… but every once in a while it’s nice to catch him before he realizes I’m there with the camera.

Riley loves bringing his favorite toys on the chair with him before he settles down, and on this day he took two chew bones, his red dog and his newest love, the little blue hippo. My little friend Eliana [she’s 5 1/2] sent it to him in the mail… it was her toy when she was a baby and she thought Riley might enjoy him.

She was right, because he snuggles with it often. When I asked her mom what the toy’s name was, she informed me that Eliana named him Hippy. So El, if your mom is reading this to you, Hippy is very happy in his new home. And Riley is taking very good care of him. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus