Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 21

gb2010logo

divider blue

Friday, May 21, 2010

5.21.10

*I* got this great new pillow for my birthday from my friend Shannon. *I* am thrilled with it because it makes laying on the couch more comfortable, and that means I’m not spending all day every day in bed. *I* can now prop up my legs and take pressure off my hips and *I* love it!

That is, when *he* isn’t claiming it as his own. *He* may be just a little possessive of everything that enters *his* domain.

Don’t let that innocent look fool you. He’s a manipulator, that one.

divider blue

Saturday, May 22, 2010

5.22.10

I obviously didn’t take this photo, Josh the brilliant photographer did, but it perfectly represents my favorite part of Saturday. A ridiculous number of my good twitter friends, friends who are really more like family to me, all got together on the Oregon coast to witness Jenni and Brian renew their wedding vows.

Theirs is a beautiful story of forgiveness and redemption, and for those of us who couldn’t make it to Oregon to be a part of it in person, they had a live video feed of the ceremony and reception afterward. So, Saturday night I was sitting in front of my computer watching them read their vows off of their iPhones [so fitting] and celebrating with all the people who love them.

divider blue

Sunday, May 23, 2010

5.23.10

And Sunday I sat in front of my television to say goodbye to that face.

*sigh*

Will I miss LOST or will I just miss looking at Sawyer? It’s a toss up.

divider blue

Monday, May 24, 2010

5.24.10

Have you seen a more pitiful look?

This poor pup is usually trying to peek his head between me and the iPad these days, but he’s obviously not above giving me the old, “You should feel guilty for depriving me of my God-given right to attention” look when I’m working at the computer either.

The poor computer is what has really been lacking in attention since Padma came to live with us, but it is still the go-to technology for all things photography. Which means when a photo gets put on the blog [especially on Mondays in preparation for Gitz Bits] and I sit myself down at the computer, Riley has no problem plopping himself in my eye line and staring me down until I show him proper respect.

It’s like living in The Godfather. Except without the horse head on my pillow.

divider blue

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5.25.10

This photo probably seems random, but there’s something comforting for me to look out my window and see my neighbor Laura’s car sitting there. I don’t actually get to see her that often, but knowing she’s in the building is just a nice feeling.

And isn’t it a cute car? It fits her personality perfectly.

divider blue

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5.26.10

I often get asked by you all what I eat now that I’m allergic to whey. Because, as you all have come to realize, whey is in almost every freaking food on the planet. So I thought I’d show you some of my main dishes over the next few Gitz Bits.

This is my favorite salad to have for lunch… it’s coleslaw from a bag [I like it because it’s crunchier than lettuce], topped with craisins, sunflower nuts and a sweet red wine vinegar dressing I make myself.

I would let you all be impressed by the fact that I make my own dressing, but really it’s just a whopping three ingredients that I put in a jar and shake. I’ve often wanted to cut up a hard boiled egg to put in the salad, but I don’t really trust that I wouldn’t screw up hard boiling an egg… I leave those complicated things to the Becky Homeckies of the world.

divider blue

Thursday, May 27, 2010

5.27.10

This was a present from my friend Eliana, who is 5 1/2. She made the bracelet herself and it’s my new favorite accessory. I’m pretty sure she has a future in jewelry design, so I’ll let you all know when she decides to start selling them. But for now, I alone have an El-original and I love it. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus