Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh. My. Word.

Ok.

So sometimes, no matter how careful you are to make sure life stays as calm as possible, life has a mind of its own.

On Thursday evening, I was home. [I realized when proofreading this post how silly that statement is. OF COURSE I was home!] :) I was minding my own business, watching a little Grey's Anatomy and figuring out what to do for my Friday Five giveaway.

And then there was a knock on my door.

Mistake #1, I opened the darn thing.

There in the hallway was a kind and unsuspecting delivery person with a small bouquet of flowers.

FLOWERS.

I am very, very, very allergic to flowers. Which shouldn't surprise anyone since I'm, you know, allergic to air.

The poor delivery guy. He held them out and I stopped short of slamming the door in his face. I asked him to set the flowers down in the hallway and hand me the card. Like I was asking him to set down a bomb and back away or something. He thought I was nuts, I'm sure. But I was panicky because I knew the damage had already been done.

Here's where this non-funny incident actually gets funny.

The flowers were from my pharmacy. They wanted to thank me for my business.

Whose pharmacy sends them flowers?!?! The only logical reason I can think of is that I must be their best customer. Which is both funny and sad.

The insanely ironic part is that Benadryl doesn't seem to be taking care of this reaction. When I got really sick back at the end of June/early July it had started from a bad allergic reaction – and now here I am – reacting and getting sicker. Which means that because of my pharmacy who appreciates my business, I'm now going to be giving them more business because of the extra meds that will be required to get me over this infection.

They are so lucky I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Smile

blog comments powered by Disqus