Hey, blog peeps...
So, I was tagged by ISO last week and am supposed to come up with 10 things about myself to tell you about. I've been tagged before (see here) and am not sure there's anything left that is a mystery about me after months of blogging, but since I didn't have anything else pressing to write about I figured ~ what the heck! So, here are 10 things y'all might not know about me:
1. I'm not Southern and have no right to use the term y'all, but I've made some friends in the South that are bringing it out in me.
2. When I was a senior in high school I went to a meeting about touring (singing/dancing) with Up With People. Then my parents laughed and said have fun in college.
3. When I started college I was a Biology major for about 15 minutes until I realized how much math was involved.
4. One of my favorite classes in high school was Advanced Bio. when we got to dissect cats.
5. If I was on death row and got to choose my final meal it would be fried pork chops, potatoes with milk gravy and corn.
6. I just realized after I wrote number five that it could have been placed in a better position than after talk of dissecting cats... sorry about that if you're eating breakfast right now.
7. When my Grandpa and I would play cribbage and I was counting my 15's, he'd tell me to "drop my voice" when I found them all so I'd stop looking for more. When Riley barks I tell him to drop his voice. It worked better when Grandpa said it to me.
8. I bought this book:
with a gift certificate I got for Christmas and I think I heard Riley say, "Enough with the pictures already, woman." Then I told him to drop his voice.
9. When people ask me to pick favorites (song, movie, etc.) I literally can't do it. I like too many things to choose and my favorite is usually whatever I'm watching or listening to in that moment. So those security questions that banks give you online to access your account? Brutal.
10. The one exception to number 9 is my favorite TV show: it will always be Alias. I so want to kick butt like Sydney Bristow.
I wrote all of those without pausing, so now you know what it's like to live inside a brain that takes narcotics. I'm thinking it should be used as a lesson for teenagers to not do drugs...
On a side note, my friend Brent asked me if I would collaborate on a post with him this week on his blog, and since he's such a nice guy I couldn't help but say yes. He's posting about complaining and changing our perspectives on his blog today, and my follow-up thoughts will be posted there (and here) tomorrow. Just thought I'd point you in his direction in case you're interested in hearing his thoughts before reading mine.
Just for fun... leave me one random thing about you we might find interesting in the comment section. :)