Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spreading the Love

As it turns out, when I received my new iPad [aka Padma] last Friday, I only had it in my hot little hands for less than an hour when my phone and internet went out.

Seriously, I felt like I was living out a verse in the Alanis song Ironic. Turns out, I was without phone and internet until Saturday night… which was only ok because I was able to mooch wireless off of my neighbor Laura.

Can you imagine getting an iPad and then not being able to use it?!?!?

But thanks to her wireless password, I was able to play with the iPad, download apps, send emails, etc. I even found a texting app that I downloaded so I could text my friends and let them know I wasn’t in an “I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up” sort of situation since no one could get a hold of me.

I thought I had my bases covered since I texted both mom and dad but, as it turns out, they don’t really text. Or know how to check the one I sent. Which means when my phone finally started working Saturday night I had multiple messages from my mother, each one sounding more frantic than the one before.

I felt awful. I have since downloaded an app that lets me make actual phone calls from the iPad, so short of the power going out entirely and me having no internet in the area, I can now get a hold of them. I don’t know if they were planning on it before they panicked about my well-being or not, but they ended up driving to see me that next day on Mother’s Day. It turned out to be a great day as we watched The Blind Side and relaxed together for the afternoon.

IMG_9743

Riley totally knew they were coming. I don’t know how he knows, but when company is coming he parks himself in front of the window in excited anticipation. He likes my mom and dad a little bit.

IMG_9749

As a matter of fact, these next photos are in the exact order they were taken. He is nothing if not empathetic to the needs of others, and finds himself moving from one person to the other… and back again… in order to ensure everyone feels loved in equal measure.

IMG_9752

Mom had her kisses, so he lounged with Dad and I on the bed for awhile.

IMG_9755

But it wasn’t long before Mom looked a little lonely.

IMG_9760

And since Mom had the chance to rub his belly, he promptly put himself right in front of Dad’s eye line to the TV… just to make sure Dad noticed that he was available to be petted by him as well.

IMG_9763Don’t worry, lady. I’m coming back to you next.”

Sigh. It’s a lot of work being the blog dog.

blog comments powered by Disqus