Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 26

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Friday, June 25, 2010

6.25.10

These are the two things [other than Riley, of course] that are by my side most all of the time these days. I stopped drinking pop years ago and can no longer have anything with artificial sweeteners, so the discovery of lemonade in a can has been a welcome alternative to boring old water.

The funny thing about this photo is that I panic having the two things sit so close to each other. I have this fear of spilling liquid on Padma... and since seeing a photo on The Pioneer Woman’s website of her iPad’s shattered screen after her son dropped it, I am even more freakishly careful than before. Padma is quite nearly as well cared for as the dog!

divider blue

Saturday, June 26, 2010

6.26.10

This was the day I busted out the canvas and tried my hand at painting again. It definitely brought back the itch to create... I have a feeling you’ll be seeing a few more canvases in our YOU:create endeavors. :)

divider blue

Sunday, June 27, 2010

6.27.10

Hey, lady. Over here. If you expect people to take me seriously as the blog dog, you might think about giving me a haircut sooner rather than later. People like a shaggy mascot about as much as they like a skinny Santa.

divider blue

Monday, June 28, 2010

6.28.10

My nebulizer is proving to be almost as constant of a companion as Padma and Riley. I refuse to give it a name, however. While it is as essential to my life as the other two [perhaps more so since breathing is about as essential as you can get], I don’t enjoy it nearly as much, so it shall remain a nameless machine. :)

divider blue

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

6.29.10

Along with the nebulizer, my inhaler is also always within reach these days. When illness hits my lungs it’s always difficult for my body to bounce back, but even I have to admit the past couple months of not breathing or talking well has seemed exceptionally long. I’m beginning to resign myself to this being a long-term, ongoing issue. That’s a hard pill for me to swallow, but sometimes just accepting something like this as a part of a new normal makes it easier for me to deal with and adapt to it.

But I won’t be upset if my body proves me wrong and starts breathing easier again. As a matter of fact, this is one of those times I’d be thrilled to be wrong. :)

divider blue

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6.30.10

I told Riley that Candy was coming to visit after work. And then he stayed like this for the next hour. Waiting.

He likes her a little bit.

divider blue

Thursday, July 1, 2010

7.1.10

When she came, she brought us one of the most delicious watermelons I’ve ever eaten. I took this photo on Thursday because I knew by Friday it would be gone.

I like her a little bit, too. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus