Thursday, July 8, 2010

YOU:create ... Week 2

This week’s creation was a fun little accident. And if you read to the end, there may just be a free little something waiting for you. :)

If you look over to my right sidebar, you’ll see that some of the headings are in my handwriting. I had wanted to make the blog a little more personal, so I used my bamboo tablet to create the unique headers. The tablet is a handy little tool that connects to your computer and allows you to doodle with a special pen just like you would on paper.

After I made them, however, I could barely use my hands for the next four days. It was then that I discovered holding a pen for any real length of time is not the wisest move for me, and the tablet has been used sparingly.

Cut to this week when a free iDraft app came out for the iPad. I downloaded it just to play around a little bit and discovered that I could use it to write by simply pressing my finger on the screen.

Needless to say, I’ve been doodling.

Since I’ve been thinking about putting a scrapbook together of my Gitz Bits project, I tried my hand at making little days of the week doodles to put on top of my photos before I put them in a layout. I used my finger to write on the iPad, saved them as separate .png files, finished them off in Photoshop and then put them on my pictures.

What do you think?

yc1

yc6

yc3

yc4

yc7

yc2

yc5

I just opened a photo in Microsoft Publisher, then added the .png file on top of it, grouped them together and then re-saved the photo under a different name.

You can recolor them, angle them, resize them, whatever.

And if you want to try them yourself, I’ve put them in a .zip file you can download. Just click on the button below and it will take you to the download page!

download

I can’t wait to see what you guys came up with! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your project. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo to represent your project.

blog comments powered by Disqus