Monday, July 5, 2010

Lessons of a Steel Magnolia

It’s late on Sunday night, I am about as tired as a human being can manage to be, and I cannot for the life of me think of what I should write about for today’s post.

I mean, I could skip since it is a holiday and all, but it just doesn’t feel like I’m starting the week off right if I don’t start it off with all of you. And then I realized, as I’m laying here in bed watching Steel Magnolias, that this movie has enough wisdom to fill a blog post.

steel_magnolias

Seriously. Some of my favorite movie lines ever originated from this film... somewhere in your week, you should be able to pull at least one of these out and use it in real life.

  • I have a strict philosophy that I have stuck to for fifteen years: “There is no such thing as natural beauty.”
  • I heard you got so screwed up you cut your dog out of your will and had an ungrateful nephew put to sleep.
  • [I am at the end of my rope!] Then tie a noose in it and slip it over your head.
  • Don’t try to get on my good side. I know longer have one.
  • He’s a real gentleman. I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it.
  • I swear to you that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.
  • I’m not crazy. I’ve just been in a very bad mood for 40 years.
  • The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.
  • If you can’t say anything nice about anybody, come sit by me!
  • He’s so confused, he doesn’t know if he should scratch his watch or wind his butt.
  • Why are you in such a good mood? Did you run over a small child or something?
  • I try not to eat healthy food if I can help it. The sooner my body gives out the better off I’ll be.
  • I am not going to spend the next 50 years with someone I’m not going to run into in the hereafter.
  • She is playing hard to get... at her age she should be playing beat the clock...
  • She could never stay mad at me. She worships the quicksand I walk on.
  • You are too twisted for color TV.

And last, but far from least:

  • You know I love you more than my luggage.

What I really want to know is if anyone has ever tried the recipe they give out while talking in the hair salon... I might just have to put some fruit cocktail on my grocery list and give it a try...

A Cuppa Recipe
A cup of flour, a cup a sugar and a cup of fruit cocktail with the juice... you mix and bake at 350 until golden bubbly.

If you make it, let me know.

If it’s any good, drop it off at my door. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus