Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 14

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, April 4, 2011

4.4.11

When Janella and Ron came to visit last weekend, we had said goodbye and then she ran back in because she forgot she had made something for me on their way here. She knitted me a washcloth on the drive over – just "whipped one up" were her words, I think.

The creativity of people never ceases to blow my mind. Look at those tiny stitches [do you call them stitches when knitting?]… anyway, that's a lot of stitches for a quick road trip. And although she assured me it was sturdy and meant to be used for a washcloth, I think it's too pretty and too much time was put in to get it wet.

I know, I'm kind of ridiculous.

So I'm using it on my bedside table to set the camera on so it doesn't get scratched. It seemed like a more important job for the work put into it than washing dishes. :)

divider green

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4.5.11

Dawn was here cleaning on Tuesday when she ran back into my room saying, "Did you see that crazy man in that thing?" Which made no sense to me until I looked out the window.

Because that is a thing. Some may call it a car but I'm pretty sure half a windshield held together with duct tape and what looks like a bird's nest in the back seat doesn't qualify. However, she swore to me that someone drove the thing… that it is a car that actually starts… and parked it right there in front of my house. And she swore he was a normal looking, well dressed man and it made no sense…

…until I remembered that my neighbor Dave sometimes buys junk cars and restores them. And then I breathed a sigh of relief because I'm really not convinced that thing should be allowed on the road. :)

divider green

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4.6.11

But I would probably believe anything Dawn told me at this point, because the woman told me of this miracle.

A miracle called Golden Oreos. Did you all know this existed? And if so, WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME????

Finally… after becoming allergic to cocoa I have a way around it to still eat that Oreo filling.

Apparently God loves me more than I realized. :)

divider green

Thursday, April 7, 2011

4.7.11

I told him to give the camera some love and this is what he came up with.

divider green

Friday, April 8, 2011

4.8.11

This little treasure is hanging on my closet door. Nicole's daughter Sophia made it for Riley when they were here… the girls had made me quite a few drawings and they wanted to make sure Riley didn't feel left out when they were gone.

Can you say sweet?

She was pretty proud of her spelling when I figured out right away that she was sounding out the word "love" – I think the fancy bubble letters may have gotten in the way of the order, but she definitely captured the pup's love of carrots on the side. :)

divider green

Saturday, April 9, 2011

4.9.11

It's proud Auntie time. :)

My Nie Nie had a dance competition this weekend and I was absolutely blown away when they sent along this picture. Yes, the one trophy is taller than her little sister!

Shannon told me they bought the DVD of her solo performance, so I'm waiting on pins and needles to see it myself. Considering she got first place in her age division, first place for her Junior solo AND first place in the overall competition, I'm preparing myself for quite a dance.

The thing I'm most proud of though? This kid's heart. She knows that she dances because she has a gift from God and that using it brings Him glory. And she's not afraid to tell you that very thing.

divider green

Sunday, April 10, 2011

4.10.11

Janella had brought me a couple of canned goodies from her garden last weekend, and I was about to move them to the counter to take a nice photo of them when I realized you're probably more interested in how they really look before I pose them.

Sitting on my poor, cluttered dining room table next to some unopened mail, recent cards in the center bowl and random syringes my nurse left for later.

Welcome to real life. :)

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus