Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 30

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, July 26, 2010

7.26.10

My friend Kelly and I have been plotting in preparation for her daughter Megan’s 16th birthday. The little stinker needed a car, and since they were going to have to get her one anyway, they decided they might as well milk it for all it was worth and surprise her on her birthday.

Kelly was going to get a big red bow.

I told her we could do better.

So we planned a scavenger hunt, with the final clue leading her to my place. Kel came by on Monday and we made all the necessary signs, the last one being a piece of paper I would hold up that read: “Go find Riley. He has the key to your future.”

To be sure he would cooperate, I put the keys on his collar and had a mini photo shoot. :)

divider blue

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7.27.10

Needless to say, she found Riley and discovered she walked right by the car on her way into my house! :) People, it was so much fun watching her freak out... I’m going to put together a post with more details so you can see all the pictures.

I have a feeling I’ll be seeing a lot more of her since she’ll want an excuse to drive her car somewhere. :)divider blue

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7.28.10

This is Hannah, Me, Eliana, Shannon and Riley. All curled up in my bed.

There will be a few future posts written about my week last week, if for no other reason than I have a ton of photos I want to share with you. :) That, and my heart is still bursting with love for the people in the photos.

I told you guys last week that my friend Shannon and her brood were coming to visit... we have been like family for the better part of the year, and I finally got to see them live and in person. I literally ache I miss them so much right now, but they were just what I needed when they were here.

I had to spend the majority of the time in bed as my body has not fared well with all that’s happened in the last three weeks [hello, understatement, nice to meet you] but my sweet little girls didn’t seem to mind.

divider blue

Thursday, July 29, 2010

7.29.10

This is Hannah [aka, my Nie Nie]... she is the brightest 10 year old I know, full of love and spunk and talent and brilliance. I think her artwork might soon begin to rival her amazing dance skills.

And yes, that is Punjab in the background. I’ve been singing “Little Girls” from Annie in my head all day. :)

divider blue

Friday, July 30, 2010

7.30.10

This is Jason, Shannon’s amazing husband who drove 15 hours with a car full of girls just so I could hug them all. I can see why she fell in love with him... he did dishes and read books and planted flowers and went on Sonic runs for us.

We’re going to keep him.

divider blue

Saturday, July 31, 2010

7.31.10

Oh, my little Yodi. Otherwise known as Eliana. On Saturday she was six days away from turning six on August 6th. Does she look excited to you? Because she was.

We had cake. And she danced for me. And I love her. Immensely.

divider blue

Sunday, August 1, 2010

8.1.10

Ok, so Shan took this photo for me before they left on Saturday, but I am using it as a Sunday picture because it turned out better than the ones I took from inside the house.

They showed up on Saturday with a box full of flowers, a shovel and some dark mulch just like my dad used on his landscaping I showed you last week. They pulled up some of my bricks and planted me the most beautiful perennial garden to look at ... they gave me something lovely to see outside my window and gave me something lovely to remember about their time here.

Have I mentioned lately that I am blessed?

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus