Thursday, October 21, 2010

YOU:create ... week 14

Well, the last canvas I made was all flowery, so I thought I’d change it up with a grungy experiment this week.

IMG_2453

Once I decided to try grungy, the hardest thing was choosing a quote to use. And then I thought about my post yesterday, and decided on a message we all probably need hanging on our walls.

If we are too busy to enjoy and appreciate life, then we are too busy...                                         ~Jeff Davidson

I think the part of this quote I’m fixated on is the enjoying and appreciating part. We all tend to have preconceived ideas about what busy looks like. I think we forget that busy is ok when it’s filling us up... leaving us better than when we started. But when busy [that includes the busyness of our minds] depletes us of the joy and beauty in life, it’s time to take a step back.

IMG_2455

If you want to win this canvas as your own personal reminder, leave me a comment before midnight CST, and I’ll let you know the winner in tomorrow’s post. [Only one comment per person, please.]

divider 2

I can’t wait to see what you guys came up with this week! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your project. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo to represent your project.

blog comments powered by Disqus