Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 45

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, November 8, 2010

11.8.10

It's not really bragging on my part since I have nothing to do with the actual making of this creature, but even with his fur face all messed up and hair curling up into his eyes... he is the cutest dang dog I've ever seen in my life.

Cutest. Ever.

divider blue

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11.9.10

I know, this is a weird photo.

But it's all I could show you without completely ruining everything.

See, I've really been struggling trying to come up with something to beat last year's Christmas card. If you missed seeing it, you must click here to see Riley bemoaning his Snuggie.

And this photo? It's your sneak peek into how I am going to humiliate the poor pup this year. I think everyone needs a good chuckle around the holidays, and Riley is just the dog to give it to them...

divider blue

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11.10.10 a

I would say this is where he was hiding after our Christmas photo shoot, but the truth is that Riley snuggles up under the covers 98% of the day. The right lump? My knees. The giant lump to the left? Riley.

I think he finds it cold in the condo.

11.10.10 b

And this bonus photo is the shot of him wiggling out from under the blanket as soon as he heard the camera click.

The boy demands his Cheerios even when he doesn't pose.

divider blue

Thursday, November 11, 2010

11.11.10

My dad would not be impressed.

Every time the flowers would start to sprout up on my hosta plants, he would remind me that real hosta aficionados clip the flower sprouts off the hosta to keep them looking orderly.

I regret now never having asked him where he got this information and how many hosta aficionados he actually met in his life. I swear sometimes I think he made that stuff up. :)

Anyway, I thought of him every time I looked out at the plants these past few months, because he would have trimmed them up for me. And now that the plants have died and snow is approaching, I'm starting to see why the aficionados hold that opinion. Those dead sprouts are not going to look cute sticking out of a few inches of white snow...

divider blue

Friday, November 12, 2010

11.12.10

I was talking to Susie while she was driving home from work on Friday and she mentioned it was Sadie's [her dog's] birthday. I told her I would put a bone and some treats out in the basket for her to pick up if she wanted something to take home to her, but she declined. I'm thinking that by the time she got off work on Friday after a long week, worrying about a dog bone was not high on her priority list.

Smart girl.

So I laughed my tush off that night when I got this Flip video of Sadie, getting her birthday treats of popcorn while wearing her birthday crown that Jonboy had fashioned for her.

This still shot of the video is proof positive that canines will do anything if popcorn rewards are somehow involved.

divider blue

Saturday, November 13, 2010

11.13.10

People, winter has come to Iowa.

My town stayed in the rain storms off to the right, but see that band of blue off to the left?

My mom lives in that band of blue.

And that blue provided her with the first 8 inches of snow for this winter season. Get out your parkas, people. Santa is coming...

divider blue

Sunday, November 14, 2010

11.14.10

And this screen shot from my iPad? This is just to show you that I am the coolest person on the planet. Or at least that's how I felt when my oldest nephew, who is 19 years old and a freshman in college, texted me to tell me he loves me around the world and back.

He just wanted me to know.

If I had any inheritance to give, he would have just moved to the top of the list. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I seriously love that kid.divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus