Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 47

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, November 22, 2010

11.22.10

Riley does whatever he can to get between me and anything that takes my attention away from him.

Even if it requires him cuddling up on the thing he despises most...

divider blue

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11.23.10

My neighbor, Dave, stores stuff in my garage, and since I didn't want to have anyone rooting around in his stuff, I asked him bring in my Christmas decorations for me. And all of those things he kindly put in my kitchen?

They are still sitting right there in my kitchen. :)

I think decorating is going to come in incremental spurts this year... but I am going to make sure it looks FESTIVE because the Shan Clan is coming for Christmas and I want to make sure it looks both holly and jolly.

The first order of business will be getting new lights since all of my trees burned out by the end of last year. Nothing sadder than a dark Christmas tree.

divider blue

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11.24.10

Nothing says Thanksgiving like hand turkeys, I always say. :) Those turkeys are about as cute as the turkeys who made them...

divider blue

Thursday, November 25, 2010

11.25.10

When Mrs. Marchesani's classroom made my Thanksgiving cards I carefully went through and admired every single one of them. But this one is going to go down in history as my all time favorite note EVER. The first part of it reads:

Dear Sara,
So, how are you? I am fine. How is your day? Mine is not so good. But I am trying to make it fun. But no.

Sigh. Oh, Maya... I hear you, girl. Winking smile

divider blue

Friday, November 26, 2010

11.26.10

I did find that one of my trees had working lights, so I promptly put it up in the red room for a little Christmas cheer. I thought if I got one lit, it might get me in the mood to get the rest of the house decorated.

In the words of Maya above: But no.

divider blue

Saturday, November 27, 2010

11.27.10

Knowing that the Shan Clan is coming, I've been trying to find another place to sit comfortably so they don't have to spend all their time laying in bed with me... and this is the concoction I came up with for the red room.

Think I need another pillow or two??? ;) Riley just wants to make sure there is room for him after all is said and done...

divider blue

Sunday, November 28, 2010

11.28.10

This is my favorite part of Sunday... it's a screen shot of my friends Tam and Brent in Oregon leading worship at their church. And that girl on the left? The one with the guitar? That's their 16-year-old daughter, Kass.

You guys, she is the most amazing singer. She writes her own music, she covers other people's songs and makes them better than the original, and [most importantly] she has a heart that matches her talent.

As soon as I get her permission, I'm going to post her singing on here. You will LOVE her.

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus