Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gitz Bits 2011: Week 5

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, January 31, 2011

1.31.11

Slacker me didn’t have a photo for Monday, so I’m showing you this hilarious picture of Riley in its stead. The girls wanted him to wear his Rudolf snuggie on Christmas and he begrudgingly obliged and promptly started sulking.

Doesn’t he look thrilled?!?!

divider green

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2.1.11

This was taken as the snow just started falling to begin what would be the “Great Blizzard of 2011” [that should be read in that scary weatherman announcer voice…]. Except we only got a total of 10 inches, which in Iowa is more like a decent storm. There were some towns South and East of us that got hit HARD, though. And I’m sure I would have been more alarmed by the 10 inches if I was actually out walking and driving in it. :)

divider green

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2.2.11

Here’s the HAPPY part of the great blizzard. On the other side of it was a full day of actual sunshine. It has been so long since I had looked out and seen anything other than gray, so I had to take a picture to commemorate it for all of you.

And for myself. Because there are times around here that we actually forget what blue skies look like. It’s a lovely sight.

divider green

Thursday, February 3, 2011

2.3.11

Isn’t that the cutest pillow case? When I put up that video, I showed you all my new duvet the Shan Clan gave me for Christmas. But I don’t think you got a view of the cute shams. This side says “you” [obviously] and the other side says “me.” Isn’t that cute? Shan has a matching set so it’s like we’re in each other’s houses even though we’re not.

I’m a sucker for the sentimental. And anything that makes me feel less alone in here. :)

divider green

Friday, February 4, 2011

2.4.11

Speaking of less alone… Mom called on Thursday night and said a) she was healthy and b) no snow was forecasted, so she was going to come down and see me on Friday.

I was super excited to see her, and after she came in and hugged me she said she had a surprise. Waiting out in the hallway was my Aunt Mary! Aren’t they cute sisters???

I call Aunt Mary “Auntie M” like in the Wizard of Oz. We used to love indulging in McDonald’s french fries together, but since I am now allergic to them we indulged in Applebee’s french fries instead. They hung out in bed with me and we just wiled away the afternoon. It was wonderful.

These two ladies were just what the doctor ordered.

divider green

Saturday, February 5, 2011

2.5.11

This beauty is the reason I needed to get my computer back up and running overnight on Friday.

Nie Nie is the most beautiful dancer. And I’m not just saying that in a proud Auntie sort of way. She’s magical. She sparkles. She exudes grace and beauty and feels the music in a way you have to be born with in order to project. She was at a JUMP dance convention in Atlanta that was broadcast through Facebook, so I was able to watch her compete live for the first time [and capture this screenshot].

You guys. I’ve just never seen anything like it. And [here’s where I get to brag for a minute] the judges also must have thought she was amazing. She won a gold medal, placed third overall for her solo, and got a full scholarship to attend Nationals in New York City this summer. They want her to enter her solo and … get this … she has already been told she will dance in the closing ceremony on stage at THE KENNEDY CENTER.

Oh, and one of her instructors was Billy Bell. The dude from So You Think You Can Dance. And he totally thought she could dance. Twice he singled her out and told her she was doing a great job. SERIOUSLY.

Did I mention she is turning 11 years old today? ELEVEN. I am so overwhelmingly proud of what she has accomplished already, but what makes her magical is the heart at the center of this beautiful girl. I can’t wait to watch what her next years bring.

divider green

Sunday, February 6, 2011

2.6.11

This dog cracks me up. I was laying in bed watching the Super Bowl and Riley was sprawled out over the blankets. looking at me just like this. I know it’s hard to tell because he’s so white, but he is leaning back against the crook of one arm while the other is laying at his side, just the way every man in America was probably propped on their couches that night.

Someone has got to tell him someday that he’s not human.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus