Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gitz Bits 2011: Week 7

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, February 14, 2011

2.14.11

Happy Valentine's Day to me! My friend Jenny called and dropped Sonic out in my basket for a Valentine's Day treat. The girl knows my love language. And apparently I knew hers without realizing it, because some of the candy I gave her kids turned out to be the kind she loves.

Sure hope those Valentines made it all the way home…

divider green

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2.15.11

Go ahead. Try to resist the urge to wave back. I tried and failed, so I looked like a dork waving to kids that were on video and couldn't see me.

But they're so cute I couldn't help myself! My friend Deb's class sent me a DVD with video messages from each of the kids, telling me what they wished for me. I wished I could have reached in and hugged every single one of them as they told me they prayed I would feel better.

No way I could have felt more loved on Valentine's.

divider green

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2.16.11

Because I write for (in)courage, I get credit every month to buy something in their Dayspring shop. A couple of months ago I fell in love with this canvas and have it sitting by my bedside.

It encourages me every day and challenges me every day. And I can assure you that one day soon, when my thoughts are all sorted out about it, there will be a post with this as its focus:

Become all that God intended you to be. Love Him. Love people. Love the life you've been given.

divider green

Thursday, February 17, 2011

2.17.11

Ok, so I know this is an ugly picture of dirty snow and a messy patio. But to me it is GORGEOUS. Because the snow melted for a few days and that means Spring hasn't forgotten about us. Just the sight of my little flower garden made me a little bit happier. It didn't even matter that nothing is blooming because I know it WILL. Hope springs eternal. :)

divider green

Friday, February 18, 2011

2.18.11

That's Susie. Skyping me from work while talking to her mom on the phone. She had just hung up with her son, checking to see how his day went at school – all while chatting with me in between. I think this is the epitome of what it's like to be a full-time working mom: MULTITASKING.

divider green

Saturday, February 19, 2011

2.19.11

Candy came to visit on Saturday and Riley was more than just a little thrilled. Honestly, it took the longest it ever has to get him settled down enough for her to pet him. If he was a cartoon there would have been a pencil-drawn bomb going off inside his head.

After she left, he sat like this for a good 15 minutes, staring out the bedroom door waiting for her to come back. I think it's love.

divider green

Sunday, February 20, 2011

2.20.11

So much for our melting snow. Through the night on Saturday into Sunday morning we had thunder and lightening and driving rains. Then we had sleet and finally the hail started pounding down so hard on the windows that Riley ducked under the covers for safety.

It seemed like all we were missing that day were the frogs and locusts. That's Iowa weather for you. :)

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus