Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gitz Bits: week 29

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, July 18, 2011

7.18.11

I love his nose.

He does this cute thing when he wants me to pet him… he'll just bump his nose on my hand. Or, if I'm walking and he wants me, he'll gently bump his nose on my leg so I stop. Given that I walk at a snail's pace, it's not too hard for him to get me to pause for him.

Of course, if he bumps his nose on my hand and I don't respond, he'll just move his whole head under my hand to make it very clear that's what needs to happen. I swear he'd move his head back and forth to make me pet him if I was ornery enough not to give in. :)

divider green

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7.19.11

It was grossly hot in Iowa last week. I, of course, had it much easier than most being here in the air conditioned condo, but it was warmer in here than my lungs prefer just because the a/c couldn't keep up.

I knew it was hot when I looked outside and realized that one of my bird feeders that comes as a block of seed had melted all over the patio below it.

Yuck.

divider green

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

7.20.11

And this? Not yuck. Yum.

Candy was a sweetheart and dropped by to see me Wednesday night bearing supper in hand. She loves me so much she actually cooked meat, which is just shy of being against her religion. She kept saying something about veins and arteries and such.

But I taught her how to make milk gravy {using my almond milk} and even got her to try a bit on the potatoes.

Yes, you read that right. *I* taught *her* how to cook something. Without a recipe. I did like my mom and told her to keep adding things "until it looked right."

I can guarantee that will only happen once in my lifetime, so I have it written here for posterity.

divider green

Thursday, July 21, 2011

7.21.11

I didn't so much take this to show you my hosta {but aren't my hosta huge?} as much as I took this to show you the eerie yellow color that existed outside my window after the rainstorm. There is something about stormy weather and the eerie feeling it sometimes leaves in the air that I just love.

divider green

Friday, July 22, 2011

7.22.11

Friday night my friends Amie, Mandy and Ellyn all tried out the new Google+ hangout feature with me so we could meet Ellyn's newest little man, Coen. That's his biggest sister, Ava, in the background keeping a good eye on him.

It was one of those moments during video chatting when I wanted to reach through the screen and grab him out of her hands. He's so dang precious. 

divider green

Saturday, July 23, 2011

7.23.11

Even though I am happy as a clam to be out of the old bedroom and relocated to the living room, Riley is still in transition. Every time I get up to go to the bathroom, I walk out to see him perched on the old bed like this, waiting to see if I've changed my mind and want to hang out in there with him again.

He's definitely a creature of habit. 

divider green

Sunday, July 24, 2011

7.24.11

These are the cars of Battle Force 5, which I am now very well versed about. The big thing behind the cars? It's called the Mobi Command Center and it's very cool.

I know this because my Jonboy came over to have a date with me on Sunday afternoon, and we curled up under the covers watching Season 1 of Battle Force 5 together. He showed me all the cars and features and gave me lessons in all the characters.

He was thrilled when I told him how much I loved it, and that I see many more movie dates in our future.

Best date I ever had. :)

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus