Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wuss

My pup is a wuss.

It's true. For a dog that's not just all bark... the dude has bite... he is a total mama's boy-wimp. And I think it's adorable.

I was throwing around his favorite toy and he went diving into the other room to get it when he barely brushed past the couch. Maybe the tip of his fur came in contact with the corner. Maybe. So he turns around to see if I noticed and puts his head down, slowly ambling toward me.

I, being the single and childless woman that I am, go toward him with my arms out and he lifts one defeated paw in the air as if it say, "Yes, please come to my aid." I pick him up and he rests his head on my shoulder, pitiful and beaten by life.

It's fantastic.

Can you imagine how ridiculous I'd be if I actually had children? 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via your comment on dooce.com. I can't imagine being in such pain. I've got a friend that's been fighting rhematoid arthritis for many years of her life. She's found some help through alternative medicine and energy work lately. But she's also had knee, hip and other joint replacements. Hang in there! I'm going add your blog to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories about your dog. He is so cute, and you can tell that he is a lover.
    I dont have any kids, but my dogs take that position very well! Some people probably think its sickening the way I talk to them and spoil them. But hey, they are like little people to me!

    ReplyDelete