Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 1

gitz bits 2

If you’ve been around the blog scene for long, you’ve probably heard of Project 365… where people take a picture each day of the year to document their lives. Some scrapbook the photos, others have entirely separate blogs dedicated to the project. I’ve done neither of those things.

Until now, of course.

I know a couple people who have done this and they, along with other friends, [*cough*Robin*cough*] have been twisting my arm to do it. I have had reservations for one reason only…

…nothing in my environment changes for 365 days out of the year.

But then I thought, you know, this might make me stretch my imagination a bit. And if all else fails, at least 350 of the pictures will be of Riley. But you all don’t mind, do you? :)

My friend Jessica is hosting “Project Life Tuesdays” on her blog where anyone who posts their week of photos can link to her blog… so I’m now declaring Tuesdays to be Gitz Bits days… where you see little bits into my life, even if they are mundane and duplicating. Doesn’t that sound exciting?!?!

The photos will be of the previous Friday through Thursday… and my only reasoning for that is January 1st was on a Friday. So, here it is. The big moment you’ve all been waiting for. The first Gitz Bits of the year

divider blue

Friday, January 1, 2010

1.1.10 I thought I’d capture a bit of Christmas while it was still up in the house. But considering I had a tree up until June this past year, I’m thinking it wasn’t an emergency.

divider blue

Saturday, January 2, 2010

1.2.10 One of the things I love most about technology is that I get to go to church on the weekends with friends. Brent and Tam are on the worship team at TRF in Oregon and they broadcast live every weekend. I love it.

divider blue

Sunday, January 3, 2010

1.3.10 Ahh… the first gratuitous Riley shot. It was well below zero here for quite some time, and since I wasn’t cold enough to turn on the furnace, we gave the Snuggie a break and let him sit in front of a fire. If you look close, you’ll notice the back end of him is blurry because he started to move. I thought I had snuck up on him, but he opened his eyes… and right after this shot he was up and posing like the Blog Mascot he is.

divider blue

Monday, January 4, 2010

1.4.10 Now this was fun. I took the time to make my own sweet and sour sauce, then proceeded to spill half of it on the floor when I shook the container and realized the lid wasn’t on tight. It screwed Riley up for days because some of it spilled ON HIM and he couldn’t figure out how to lick his own back. Score one for keeping me entertained.

divider blue

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1.5.10 In case you can’t read that screen, it says Iowa 24, Georgia Tech 14. It says that because we won the Orange Bowl. And Georgia didn’t. Just sayin’

divider blue

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1.6 If you look closely, you can see how sparkly the snow was at the start of one of the snowfalls we had last week. I’ll have to write about that sometime… I loved sparkly snowfalls at the farm when I was growing up.

divider blue

Thursday, January 7, 2010

1.7.10 And this is one of my nurses, Dawn, who Riley may actually love more than me. Well, ok, that’s an exaggeration, but he likes her a lot. It might have something to do with the fact that he has her trained to get him carrots from the fridge. I’m not saying his affections can be bought, but… well… he does love a good carrot. Just look how he’s licking his chops.

divider blue

Now, since I forgot to mention it at the end of yesterday’s post… please leave an [O] topic for next Monday’s A 2 Z post in the comment section!

Thanks :)

blog comments powered by Disqus