Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 2

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, January 8, 2010

1.8.10Speaking of Christmas [not that we were, but we are now], I’ve been trying to convince myself that it would be ok to leave this tree in the corner, lit up, year round. Because really, is there anything more relaxing than white lights in the evening? Before I got the chance to upload these photos yesterday, the string of lights burned out and I’m afraid it was the universe’s way of telling me it’s tacky. What do you all think? Get new lights or put the tree in the garage?

divider blue

Saturday, January 9, 2010

1.9.10Saturday was a GREAT day, as you can tell by the almost-empty jug of wine. My neighbors, Dave and Laura, stopped down with Moscato in hand since we hadn’t celebrated Christmas together yet. We drank, chatted, laughed, chatted, drank and laughed a little, too. It was the most normal-feeling day I’ve had in ages.

divider blue

Sunday, January 10, 2010

1.10.10I took this picture on Sunday, but it really relates to Saturday. When Dave and Laura came down with the wine, they came bearing other gifts as well. They declared we were celebrating the feast of the Epiphany… and they were the wise men bearing gifts. I guess in this analogy, I would be baby Jesus, but really I was just an undeservingly spoiled friend. Meet my new iPod Touch. I’m thinking of naming her Stella. Life here will never be the same… I so rarely set the thing down I’m afraid my skin may attach itself to it.

What a fun problem to have. :)

divider blue

Monday, January 11, 2010

1.11.10Do you know that I can’t remember ever using this pot before? Yes, that should give you some insight into my lack of cooking skills. Because I react to so many cleaners and smells, my cleaning lady uses these special rags to clean my house. They are made by Norwex and require no cleaners whatsoever… it has something to do with silver particles fighting bacteria. Anyway, Dawn was incredibly skeptical until she used them and now she’s ordered some for herself. Every other week before she comes I boil them for 10 minutes and they’re ready to be used again.

Thank God I know how to boil water.

divider blue

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1.12.10Tuesday. The day Dawn came to clean. She comes from her day job at Hy-Vee where she apparently found vegan cookies, which means they contain no whey/dairy products. People, they are yummy. I thought the word vegan would indicate cardboard, but I now know it indicates delicious.

My most sure-fire way of knowing if something is safe for me to eat is to check and make sure it’s vegan, which has been incredibly helpful. Although most vegans would hate me for this, I can best describe myself as a vegan who eats meat and eggs. :)

divider blue

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1.13.10I had a long day on Wednesday. It involved doctors and confusion. And it just didn’t seem right to leave that little bit of Moscato wine left in the jug. Cheers!

divider blue

Thursday, January 14, 2010

1.14.10I’ve spent many days this past week with Anderson Cooper and Dr. Gupta. There were moments when I wanted to turn off CNN and escape the Haiti disaster, but then I reminded myself the people of Haiti had no way of escaping it. The very least I could do was be informed, pray for them and make sure I tried to spread awareness. This is one of those times when it seems like no matter how much money you give, it just can’t be enough.

divider blue

Thanks for sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus