Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 13

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, March 26, 2010

3.26.10

This is Riley and I sitting in bed watching the UNI vs. Michigan State basketball game. We had the same computer/TV set up as the week before [not that I was feeling totally superstitious or anything!], but it sadly didn’t produce the same exciting end result.

As you can see from Riley’s expression, he was quite distressed about the final score. But I assured him there is always next year… :)

divider blue

Saturday, March 27, 2010

3.27.10

Do you see a change in Riley from yesterday’s photo to today’s? To be clear, there is only one thing different… his face. It appears to have shrunk.

But alas, the rest of him is still fluffy and untamed and unruly. Yes, my poor dog has to suffer the humiliation of an owner who has painful fingers, which means any haircuts [long overdue haircuts, at that] have to be performed in stages.

Which means his shape now creates the illusion of a Maltese version of a wiener dog. Or maybe some native group on a deserted island shrunk his head.

Either way, he’s a bit embarrassed. So go easy on his tender ego.

divider blue

Sunday, March 28, 2010

3.28.10

Palm Sunday arrived, and my sweet neighbor Laura was thoughtful enough to bring me a blessed palm to replace my old one. My Grandma Flo used to keep her palm tucked up in the sun visor of her car, she said as an extra blessing to keep her safe. I always did the same until my car found it’s new home with my nephew, Thomas.

So now I have it tucked behind the plaque in my kitchen. If any of you know me and my cooking skills, you know that this is the most logical place to hope for my safety.

divider blue

Monday, March 29, 2010

3.29.10

*Shudder*

Sunday night was my dreaded cheese-ingesting incident from which I am still trying to recover, and by the time I took this photo on Monday night this bottle was my faithful companion. My friend Meg had to bring a new bottle of Benadryl with her when she came over on Easter, as the bottle you see here is now empty.

Oh, Benadryl bottle… your time with me here was short, but you served your purpose well. I couldn’t have managed breathing all week without you.

divider blue

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3.30.10

This is a little canvas I have hanging by my fridge in the kitchen. That beautiful girl you see in the photo is Kaitlyn, my friend Kelly’s oldest daughter who passed away from cancer almost seven years ago. If you haven’t read about her, click on her name so you can learn about this great kid who we all miss.

She would have turned 18 on the 30th, which is so hard for us to imagine. The drawing attached to the canvas is the front of a thank you note she wrote to me when I had bought her a Bedazzler to decorate her do-rags.

I have no idea who she would have been at 18, getting ready to graduate high school. But I do know she was a cool 11 year old, and she is still missed.

divider blue

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3.31.10

This was my first foray into the world of Alice.com, and I’ve decided it was a success! It’s this great site that has all the drugstore items you might need, but it also hunts down any coupons that might apply to the products for you.

AND… they have free shipping. So I get to save a few dollars, do a little shopping and not have to fret over high shipping costs. A win-win in my book.

divider blue

Thursday, April 1, 2010

4.1.10

Welcome to my latest iPod Touch obsession. There is this great app called Words With Friends that is basically an interactive scrabble game you can play with other iPhone users. I totally suck at it, but it keeps me entertained. :)

I didn’t play any April Fool’s tricks on the first, but I did use my friend Amie’s own name against her in the game… that’s as close as I get to hijinks, I guess!

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus