Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reason Number 879

We may not be able to give much, but we can always give the joy that springs in a heart that is in love with God.
                                                               - Mother Teresa

If you’ve been around this blog longer than a minute, you know I’m all about choosing the joy.

But sometimes, the joy chooses us.

It just jumps right up, hugs us around the neck and reminds us that it’s not something we always have to look hard to find.

Sometimes, it shows up at your door… sits in your chair…

IMG_9510 bw

and becomes your dog’s new best friend.

Alece and I have been friends for a couple of years now. We email and twitter and talk and Skype. We’ve talked about funny things and serious things, television shows and our real life dramas. And now that she’s in my home…

I’ve found it to be just the same. Except I get to hug her, and we still look at each other and laugh periodically about the fact that she’s in my house! :)

I never thought this would happen simply because she lives her life in Africa where she runs her mission, Thrive Africa. Her heart is there, her home is there, her passion is there. But right now, for this moment, she is here.

And I love knowing that the relationships I’ve made with people online, the community I’ve built in this age of technology, work just the same as when I see someone face to face. Friendships are about the heart and sharing life and laughing way too hard at ridiculous things. It’s about staying in pajamas all day and watching Alias and randomly getting into discussions that are just as easy as the ones we’ve had through the computer for years.

Number 879 of Why I Love to Blog: Alece is in my house.

Now, you’ll have to excuse me while Riley and I plot ways to keep her from leaving. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus