Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 16

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, April 16, 2010

4.16.10

My friend Mandy is ridiculous. In a good way. A few times a month she, myself and a couple other girls do what we call Skwyne. Which just means that we all Skype so we can chat with each other while drinking wine. It’s a great combination.

So, at some point we were discussing our love of peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars when she realized I can no longer eat them because of this ridiculous whey allergy. She kept saying “No whey!” and I’d answer “Whey!” and that went on for longer than I might like to admit.

That may have been the wine part of Skwyne taking over.

So what does the girl do? She figures out how to create a vegan version of the granola bar, makes them and mails them to me. After tasting them, I promised to fall at her feet and worship her when she comes to visit next month. I’m hoping she knows I meant that metaphorically since falling at her feet might require a team of professionals to get me back up.

divider blue

Saturday, April 17, 2010

4.17.10

I’ve gotten this look from Riley a lot in the last few weeks. Loosely translated, he is saying “Where is Alece? What did you do with her and when is she coming back? I suddenly find you boring in comparison.”

divider blue

Sunday, April 18, 2010

4.18.10

Remember a few weeks ago when I showed you my Alice.com order? Well, I forgot to mention that they include a free gift in every delivery. How crazy is that?

In that order I got a full-size tin of Ceylon tea… which I was kind of excited about because I don’t have a lot of beverages that I enjoy since I gave up pop. Or soda, depending on where you hail from. While I love the smell of coffee, I have an intense dislike for the flavor, and the only tea I’ve ever enjoyed was chai.

So I gave this a try. I sweetened it [generously] and the first couple of sips I determined that I didn’t hate the tea. Another couple sips and I determined I put too much sugar in it. I’m hoping there’s a happy medium, but the verdict is still out as to whether or not I’ll become a tea drinker.

For now, water remains my steady companion. :)

divider blue

Monday, April 19, 2010

4.19.10

Ok, I just had to show you all what the big “basket in the hallway” fuss was all about. Yes, that is the big, bad, scary basket that garnered a ridiculous amount of harassment from someone in my building. I’m happy to report the basket can stay. And the drama has hopefully ended. And yes, I am rolling my eyes as I type this day’s Gitz Bits.

divider blue

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4.20.10

Can you say CUTE?!?!?!? And CREATIVE?!?!?!

Ms. Marla sent me these adorable Scrabble pieces with magnets attached to the back so I could spell Gitz Bits out on my fridge.

Seriously. C.U.T.E.

I’m going to get a creative shot of them and re-do my Gitz Bits logo because I love them that much. People are so stinkin’ thoughtful. I would have never in a million years thought of something as sweet as this.

divider blue

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4.21.10

Remember last week’s revelation about my lack of salsa?

Well, I have another confession. I have since discovered that the salsa I ate [just a regular old Tostitos jar concoction] was not real salsa. Many told me this, but I just figured salsa was salsa, right?

Wrong.

My friends Kelly and Kathy came over on Wednesday night for supper and picked up Carlos O’Kelly’s salsa and chips. And I am here to tell you there is a major difference.

I do maintain it’s weird, though, that a Mexican restaurant has a name that sounds more like an Irish establishment.

divider blue

Thursday, April 22, 2010

4.22.10

I got an early birthday present, people, which means I am officially here to announce: I AM A GLEEK!!! I love this show. Love. Love. Love.

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus