Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 14

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, April 2, 2010

4.2.10

Shortly after noon on Good Friday, I was thinking of my friends at church. Then the thunder boomed and the rain began to pour. My thought in that moment: As it thunders and rains from a darkened sky, it feels like the full weight of The Passion on display.

I may not be able to leave the house, but on that ominous and rainy Good Friday afternoon, I felt like I’d been to church.

divider blue

Saturday, April 3, 2010

4.3.10

Well, Riley got one step closer to being a groomed dog on Saturday. He’s still pretty shaggy and raggedy, but at least his back matches the length of hair around his face.

Last week’s cut made him look like a wiener dog. This week’s cut got him to the Maltese version of a Cocker Spaniel. Imagine how nice it will feel for him to actually look like HIMSELF again someday. :)

divider blue

Sunday, April 4, 2010

4.4.10

See that blur of a whirling dervish? That would be our Benny Boy. My friends Scott and Meg, along with their kids Taylor and Ben, brought over Chinese food for lunch on Easter Sunday. [Now that’s a new tradition I could get used to pretty easily.] :) The kids thought it was crazy I had never played a Wii before, so they brought over their game system and schooled me as best they could.

Let’s just say Ben did more of these victory dances than I did… although Scott and I DID beat Taylor and Ben in bowling! It’s obviously not a stretch to assume that Scott kind of carried me on that one. :)

divider blue

Monday, April 5, 2010

4.5.10

Shortly after my announcement that I was throwing away Riley’s cheese for fear of another accidental ingestion and reaction on my part, the little stinker’s fan club sent him a care package.

My friend Shannon and her girls, Hannah and Eliana, felt Riley might be in withdraw from his daily cheese supply and picked out some options that could be replacements. He’s quite enjoyed sampling the goods.

And then begging for more 30 seconds later. :)

divider blue

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4.6.10

And because they are my sweet girls, Hannah and El made me this beautifully painted rock-butterfly to include in Riley’s care package as well. I have been moving him around from place to place, but have decided he may enjoy his home in the plant most of all.

It’s the closest thing to nature we have around here, so we’re trying to make Mr. Butterfly [aka “Rocky”] as comfortable as possible. :)

divider blue

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4.7.10

Sometimes I think it is nothing short of a miracle that this pup hasn’t been squished to death in his sleep. On this day, I was laying on the couch and couldn’t figure out for the life of me where he had gone.

Well, while I was laying on that brown pillow, propped up against those two ivory striped pillows, Riley had gotten on top of them and slid right down in between them. While I laid against the pillows with the full pressure of my weight, he managed to burrow in between them and stick his nose out for air.

To say that I thought he was cute when I saw him peek out may be the understatement of my life.

divider blue

Thursday, April 8, 2010

4.8.10

S.c.r.u.m.p.t.i.o.u.s.

Seriously, little Mr. Noah Lee was just a tiny bundle of happy in my world. His mom, Amanda, is a friend of mine from St. Stephen’s who I haven’t seen in ages. And thanks to good old Facebook, we have gotten back in touch. Just in time for me to take advantage of her maternity leave and have them over for a visit.

She was so kind to take the time, and because Noah was a preemie, he was still really tiny at 6 weeks old. Which means I could hold him longer than I can most babies. I wish he was old enough to remember how happy he made me on this day, just by being in the world.

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus