Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 5

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, January 29, 2010

1.29.10Excitement!!!

Mom and Dad called on Friday to let me know they were coming for our Christmas lunch the next day. With this crazy Iowa weather they hadn’t been able to come since the great condo flood of ‘09, so we took advantage of a non-snowy weekend. I finally got to break out the Christmas plates I was going to surprise them with… but I’ll tell you about those in another post.

divider blue

Saturday, January 30, 2010

1.30.10And here they are! While Mom was preparing the ham, potatoes and coleslaw [gosh, I love farm food…] Dad sampled the appetizers he had whipped up the night before. They wouldn’t tell me what was in them until after I tasted it [they know me so well] but I have to tell you that dates wrapped in bacon are delicious!

And considering I wasn’t sure what a date was, they were probably smart not telling me that’s what it was ahead of time. But it just goes to prove that even really healthy stuff tastes good when it’s wrapped in bacon and popped in the oven.

divider blue

Sunday, January 31, 2010

1.31.10And right there on my TV screen was the sign of the apocalypse. Ok, that’s a slight exaggeration, but Sunday I found myself without cable, internet and phone service all day. Have I mentioned that ice and snow can really mess up my confined life?

divider blue

Monday, February 1, 2010

2.1.10So, this picture doesn’t tell you a lot about me… other than the fact that sometimes, after you’ve been deprived of all means of communication for a whole day, a grape flavored Skittle can remind you that there is still good in the world. And it comes in a purple coating.
divider blue

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2.2.10When Mom and Dad came for our Christmas in January, they brought my gift from my sister Janette. Doesn’t this just scream: I’m buying this present because my 36-year-old sister still has the entertainment tastes of a 14-year-old girl?!?

She knows me so well.

divider blue

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2.3.10I was trying to find a place to take a photo of my friend Matthew’s new book, Hear No Evil because I will soon be reviewing it on the blog and GIVING AWAY A COPY OR TWO!!! But, someone just can’t handle not being the center of attention. Someone enjoys having their nose in front of the camera whenever possible. I’m not naming names or anything.

But it starts with R and ends with iley.

divider blue

Thursday, February 4, 2010

2.4.10Can I tell you how much fun it is to get a red envelope in the mail? Especially since Christmas card season is over and it feels like the mailman broke up with me. This Netflix membership is a Christmas present from my brother Steve’s family… do you see a recurring theme in my life and gifts? Books and movies, people. Gotta love ‘em.divider blue

Thanks for sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus