Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 7

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Sorry this is up so late today! We’ll go with the whole “Better late than never” theory. :)

Friday, February 12, 2010

2.12.10

Don’t even try to tell me I don’t have the cutest Valentines on the planet. Because I do. It’s just a fact.

Jonboy and Tyler showed up with their Grandma Linda when she brought me groceries, and gave me the sweetest photo of the two of them to put in my red room.

I might like them a little bit.

divider blue

Saturday, February 13, 2010

2.13.10

I know this will shock you, but I think this is the cutest pup on Earth. I had to take this picture over my shoulder, not looking at him, so he would stay in this position and not pose for the camera. He likes curling up on a pillow behind my back when I’m sitting up, or curled up right next to me when I’m laying down.

I wouldn’t know what to do if I didn’t have a warm little ball of fluff next to me at all times. :)
divider blue

Sunday, February 14, 2010

2.14.10

Riley and I spoiled each other on Valentine’s Day. I gave him his favorite bone and he thought I deserved my favorite beverage.

It’s nice to have a Valentine who knows you so well. :)

divider blue

Monday, February 15, 2010

2.15.10

I went back on my Facebook page to take this picture because I didn’t want to forget this story. On the night of the Super Bowl, I was on the phone with my nephew, Cooper, and when we hung up I put this on my wall: “My nephew Cooper just called to talk some serious smack about my Colts. Can’t wait ‘til he loses the bet and literally has to kiss my feet. :)”

Well, his mom saw it and let him respond via her Facebook account… and we had a serious rivalry going on. Especially when the Colts were winning and he was trying to convince me that he didn’t say he’d kiss my FEET, he said he’d kiss my CHEEK.

Nice try, dude.

Well, obviously my Colts lost and Cooper’s request of me was to try to convince his mom to let him skip school the next day. As hard as I tried… even telling his mom that since I’m his godmother, having “God” in front of my title trumped hers as just “mom”… it was to no avail. The kid had to go to school. Patience and I played it up as best we could, but somewhere in his sixth grade brain, he truly believed I could make it happen.

At one point, I heard him in the background saying, “But mom, you HAVE to listen to her. We always say Aunt Sara rules!” At which point his mom had to explain that basically means Aunt Sara rocks, not that I actually rule over their decisions.

Man, I love that kid.

divider blue

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2.16.10

I looked out my window and felt like I was playing a game of “Which One of These Things is Not Like the Other?

Because I’m guessing the hummingbird feeder isn’t going to get much use in freezing weather and a few feet of snow.

divider blue

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2.17.10

It’s the little things in life that make me happy. When Jonboy and Tyler were here to give me my Valentine photo, they also brought me these giant Smarties.

Mmmm… their mama knows me so well. :) divider blue

Thursday, February 18, 2010

2.18.10

I’ve entered a whole new phase in time wasting. And it’s fun.

So, I’ve never really played video games. We had Pong when I was younger, but hitting a ball between two flat lines can only entertain a person for so long. In junior high, Kim Lickteig’s family had Atari and I loved going over there to play Pac Man or Donkey Kong.

And that has been the extent of my gaming. I’ve never even seen a Wii in person.

BUT… I downloaded the Tap Tap Revenge app onto the iPod Touch, and I got a 100% accuracy! [Let’s not discuss the fact that it was on the easy setting.] I’ve now downloaded the Rock Band app and am sure my thumbs will have it mastered in no time…

divider blue

Thanks for sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus