Thursday, September 9, 2010

YOU:create ... Week 9

I mulled around different quotes to use for today’s canvas, when I settled on this one:

IMG_1970

The will of God will never lead you
where the grace of God cannot keep you.

My friend Brandy told me last year that it was one of her favorite quotes, and I think it adds to yesterday’s post about longing vs. living. Because if we really trust that God is holding us up, then we don’t need to long for what we don’t have.

If we trust, then we know that we have everything we need in His grace.

IMG_1966

I hope it resonates with you as well.

Now, in order to win this handy dandy canvas, all you have to do is leave me a comment before midnight and I’ll announce the winner tomorrow. The comment can be any little thing you want to say...

...but while I have your attention, I need your smart and creative minds to help me with a little dilemma.

See, one of the difficult things for me in painting the canvases is managing the actual paint. [I mostly use leftover paint friends have from painting their walls.] Right now I’m storing each paint in glass jars like you would use to can tomatoes or fruit. They are a great size, I can see the paint colors and they store well in my pantry.

IMG_1946

But I did a serious number on my wrist today trying to twist them open. Like, I’m typing with one hand right now I did such a number on my wrist. Twisting things has definitely become cumbersome and I need all of you crazy smart people to help me think of options for storing my paint colors.

Shaking the paints up is another super hard thing, but that’s one I think I’m just going to have to suck up and deal with the pain on, because I can’t think of a way to get Riley to do that for me. :)

And if any of you can figure out how to train him to shake up paint, I’d also like you to train him to stop peeing in my kitchen. Thanks.

divider orange

I can’t wait to see what you guys came up with this week! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your project. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo to represent your project.

blog comments powered by Disqus