Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 43

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, October 25, 2010

10.25.10

Welcome to cold, windy, and rainy October. Isn't it crazy that even when the weather is all icky and gloomy, it's still kind of cool and interesting just because it's the week of Halloween?

divider blue

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10.26.10

I mean, COME ON.  When else can you look out at a weirdly blue and pink cloud-filled sky and think, "Perfect timing. Totally creepy, but in a good way."

divider blue

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10.27.10

Apparently, Chuck Norris thinks I rock.

At some point in the discussion I had about changing George's name to Walker – Texas Ranger, I must have tweeted about it. And some random search thingy must have found it and thought it was fitting that Chuck Norris follow me.

Now, I realize this isn't the REAL Chuck Norris. I mean, the real Chuck Norris is so tough he would have broken Twitter in two just by looking at it. And then done a round house kick in it's face for good measure.

divider blue

Thursday, October 28, 2010

10.28.10

I was getting ready to edit the obligatory Riley photo, and decided instead to show you what option number two is every week. This is the blog dog, awaiting his payment. For every single picture that is taken, there is one immediately following it that portrays Riley lunging at the camera and licking his chops. Waiting faithfully [and insistently] for the Cheerio he has been promised.

And I always deliver. Because he has me well trained like that.

divider blue

Friday, October 29, 2010

10.29.10

I love my class of school kids.

If you've been reading the last few years, you'll remember that my friend Deb, who teaches first and second grade at our local Catholic grade school [St. Patrick's], has adopted me in her classroom. Every year, the kids make me cards, write me letters and pray for me. The class of little souls are learning from one of the sweetest souls I have ever met... Deb is one of those people who just exudes love and kindness without even meaning to. And I get to be on the receiving end more than I deserve.

This year is even more precious because my godson, Tyler, is in her classroom. As she started to tell the class about me, she asked Ty if he'd like to tell them anything since we have a special bond. Deb said he stood in front of the class and told them all about my illness, about how I'm allergic to the air and can't go outside, about how he sometimes comes with his grandma to bring me groceries and about how his family visits to make sure I'm not lonely. He even told them about how Dad died a few months ago, that his family was all very sad and his mom stayed overnight with me so I wasn't alone.

If there was ever a moment I wish I could have seen in person, it would have been him in the classroom that day. The kid has my heart. And the way he worked on his card [the photo above is just a small sampling of the ones they made] showed his heart for me. He did such a great and meticulous job.

I'm just a smidge proud. Smile

divider blue

Saturday, October 30, 2010

10.30.10

I spent most of Saturday in what I like to term a "coma sleep." I never actually fall asleep, I just hit such a state of exhaustion that I can't open my eyes or move to save my life. Seriously. If the fire alarm went off, I'm not really sure I could do anything about it. It's a total out-of-body feeling.

So, obviously, I didn't take this photo of Riley until Sunday. But his grand yawn and stretch summed up the previous day so perfectly, I couldn't pass it up for Gitz Bits.

That, and he's cute.

divider blue

Sunday, October 31, 2010

10.31.10

Ok, I promise I'm going to stop taking random photos of the sky outside of my bedroom window. Because really, how many photos of garages in the foreground can you people take? But doesn't it look perfectly creepy and cold and ominous for Halloween?

It's like a scene right out of It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Except, you know, with garages. And no pumpkins.

Whatever.

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus