Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 44

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, November 1, 2010

11.1.10 a

If I was still able to go to my church, I would have walked into St. Stephen's on Monday – All Saint's Day – and placed in the chapel a framed photo of my dad. And I would have written his name in our book of remembrance for people to pray for him this month.

Instead, a few days earlier, I was looking through some random photos when out fell a note he had written. I'm sure it was quickly scrawled, years ago, and placed in an envelope with some other needed document like a car title or something. But that day last week, it was a love letter just for me.

11.1.10 b

"Love you – Will be talking to you soon. Love, Dad"

So instead of a framed photo of Dad at church, I have his words framed just for me. And it's helping me to remember that what seems long to me is but a moment to him.

And I will talk to him soon.

divider blue

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11.2.10

The weather here has been totally bizarre. It is cold and then warm and then cold and then windy. It's crazy out there. All these leaves that were covering my plants and patio? They hung around for awhile and then left to star in a movie.

Gone with the Wind. :)

divider blue

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11.3.10

I got to see my mom on Wednesday. That made Wednesday a very good day. She drove down for a few hours, just to hang out in bed with me and have some girl time. I figured the least I could do is make her lunch.

So I made her Applebee's. And then made her pick it up on her way here.

I'm a super good daughter like that. Winking smile

divider blue

Thursday, November 4, 2010

11.4.10

This is what the inside of my brain looks like. Scary, I know.

I had a phone meeting with Lisa Jo and Jesse to talk over some ideas for (in)courage that they are letting me be a part of. And let me be clear that when I say "be a part of," I mean I get to be a behind the scenes girl that watches them be brilliant and says "great job!" at appropriate moments.

There is a new page on the (in)courage site that is called (in)spired deals, and it goes live today. And I'm going to tell you more fun stuff about it tomorrow in a post that is going to be all about being grateful.

I'm excited.

divider blue

Friday, November 5, 2010

11.5.10

My friend Jenny's son Jonah just got his very own email address, so I emailed him to say, "What's up?"

Then he emailed me back to say it in a cooler way. He just said, "Sup?"

Which is totally what I think this photo of Riley looks like. Like he's a pre-teen, cool kid saying, "Sup?" Except, in my mind, he throws a "dude" on the end.

That's how he rolls.

divider blue

Saturday, November 6, 2010

11.6.10

Oh, Mr. Bill.

Riley got this beloved toy from our friend Gail this past year. And Riley has LOVED Mr. Bill. But sometime on Saturday, Mr. Bill got a short in his system, because he would randomly be heard yelling, "Oh noooooo!" multiple times in a row despite the fact no one had touched him.

As you can imagine, that got really old really quickly. I tried squeezing him, hitting him, throwing him, but to no avail. Suddenly the electronic version of Mr. Bill got a mind of his own.

So I found a box and stuffed him in it and buried him in the bottom of my garbage can to muffle his voice. You know what I say to that?

Oh yeeeeeeees!

divider blue

Sunday, November 7, 2010

11.7.10

Susie has followed in the footsteps of my friend Shannon and got herself a Flip video camera. I love it when my friends have Flip cameras. My life grows in entertainment value exponentially.

It grows in other ways, too, as Suz videoed parts of Mass awhile back and I pulled it back up to watch again on Sunday. There was something so comforting about seeing my church, hearing the familiar voices and songs and seeing a place that still feels like going home to me.

It made Sunday feel a little more like Sunday. And that's a good thing.

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus