Thursday, November 11, 2010

YOU:create ... week 16

After yesterday's post about remembering that the first step in all things should be going to the One who is all things, I thought this would be the perfect quote to go on a canvas:

IMG_2693

"God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him."

IMG_2696

Another way that I keep my gratitude when my life isn't always peachy is to take my eyes off of MY life and focus my attention on others. In case you're interested, I have a great way to do just that.

There is a great program going on right now through Dayspring where you can design a card for a Compassion child who doesn't have a sponsor, so they can receive a card at Christmas. How awesome is that? Cards can be made for $1.99 or $2.99, Compassion will then translate your card into Spanish, Dayspring will print it up, and they will be hand delivered to a child in Ecuador at the beginning of December. You can go here to learn more about it and make your card if you're interested. It's just one little way to make a really big difference in a child's life this Christmas... and a little way to help us remember how big the blessings in our own lives are.

IMG_2691

And this little canvas? It won't cost you a thing. To win, just leave me a comment below telling me something you're grateful for today.

I'll start... since it's my friend Shannon's birthday tomorrow, I'm super grateful she was born. :) And since it's also Veteran's Day today, I am forever grateful for all the men and women who have served, and are serving, to protect our lives and freedoms.

Now it's your turn... leave me a comment before midnight CST, and I'll announce the winner in Friday's post [only one comment per person, please].

divider green

I can’t wait to see what you guys came up with this week! Just click below and follow the instructions to link to your project. When it asks you to choose the web or a file for your thumbnail, choose web. Then it will take you to a list of the images on the page you are linking to and you’ll be able to choose a photo to represent your project.

blog comments powered by Disqus