Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 12

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, March 21, 2011

3.21.11

My friend Jennifer sent this to me, and immediately it became one of my favorite things ever. I pray the rosary every day, usually more than once, and having this decade ring is just amazing.

I had one once that I gave to a friend's dad when he was in Hospice, and I forgot how much I used it until I got this one in the mail. It was a beautiful and thoughtful gift, and it's very well used.

divider green

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3.22.11

I don't feel great during storms, but I was so thrilled to see rain instead of snow that it didn't even matter this day. Hearing thunder is a welcome sound when it means there is no white stuff falling!

divider green

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3.23.11

I am so in love with this little dude. I can think of few things in the world better than looking over and knowing Riley is there hanging out with me. He's usually completely snuggled under the covers so it's always fun when he peeks out and lays his head on the pillow… checking in to see what's happening out in the world.

As you can see, he's usually pretty unimpressed. :)

divider green

Thursday, March 24, 2011

3.24.11

My mom is a well-practiced Ole and Lena joke teller. She has the accent down pat and gets pretty animated… so when Candy brought me a bottle of "Ole Made Lena Blush" wine, I knew I had to open it with Mom. She came on Thursday, so we enjoyed the bottle and decided it was surprisingly delicious!

divider green

Friday, March 25, 2011

3.25.11

Riley is great at a lot of things, but we have to work on him putting his toys away.

divider green

Saturday, March 26, 2011

3.26.11

Ask and you shall receive… the recipe for Texas Caviar! Here is the original combination that Nicole gave me:

2 cans Rotel
1 can black eyed peas {drained}
1 can black beans {drained}
1 can of corn {drained}
4 to 6oz. Italian dressing

{oops! I forgot to get the dressing out for the photo}

Between my sensitive stomach and the sores in my mouth, this proved a bit spicy for me so I replaced the 2 cans of Rotel with 1 can of mild Rotel and a can of drained petite diced tomatoes. It still has some flavor but is much easier on the mouth.

And I think Tostitos scoops are the most brilliant thing ever for eating this with… totally worth it!

divider green

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3.27.11

I took pictures of my cabinets on Sunday for yesterday's post, and left this one out since I had a ton of pictures. And then I laughed because everyone kept asking where Riley's treats were…

So here's the missing picture should any of you worry that Riley is not taken care of. He has his own section in my utility closet complete with bones, grooming supplies and treats upon treats upon treats.

He has a bad habit of never eating his dog food because he knows there's something better in that cupboard, so he goes over to the door and beats his tail on it until I open it and give him a treat. S.P.O.I.L.E.D. R.O.T.T.E.N.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus