Monday, March 28, 2011

My Love Language

There is a book in existence that talks about people's love languages. I've heard people refer to it here and there… talking about the things that people do for them that make them feel most loved.

I, of course, have no idea what mine is since I've never actually read the book, but when Nicole was here I promptly declared my love language to be the simplicity of organization.

Because she lovingly made that happen to my cupboards.

I am a bit of a freak about organizing things. If there is something in my home that can be stored away and alphabetized, you can be sure that it is. I am all about utilizing space, living in such a small condo, and am almost giddy when everything lines up perfectly in my drawers.

Now that I'm less mobile, however, my organization has suffered for it. The lower cupboards in my kitchen and bathroom are mostly inaccessible for me, as are some of the higher cupboards in the kitchen. Truth be told, I wasn't even sure what was on the shelves that I couldn't reach.

It was a bit of a mess.

And Nicole, bless her, made it even messier so we {she} could make it better.

_MG_3804

_MG_3803

The girl literally took everything out of my cupboards for me, and then I got out of bed and told her what to keep, what to throw away and what to give to Goodwill.

I'm honestly not sure there is a better feeling than throwing things away. Especially things I didn't even know took up residence in my cupboards.

_MG_3806

_MG_3808

After all was said and done, I now have a food cupboard that looks like this:

_MG_3827

And my dishes line up like this:

_MG_3831

Even my refrigerator looks shiny and happy:

_MG_3826

And much to the delight of Nicole's daughters, I am now the proud owner of a snack cupboard:

_MG_3828

But to make things exceptionally easy, I have a few often-eaten snacks in a basket on my counter for those days when reaching in a cupboard is more of a challenge than I want:

_MG_3837

I would show you my bathroom cupboard below my sink, but there's really no need… since I can't get under there, we aren't storing anything there.

Brilliant, eh?

I'm not going to lie... I hugged her with actual tears in my eyes when she was finished and I saw all the well organized and space-utilizing cupboards she crafted.

So, apparently organization is my love language. Which means I'm a very happy girl. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus