Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gitz Bits: week 23

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, June 6, 2011

6.6.11

This lovely phone, which I usually just refer to as my texting machine, saved me this week. On the previous Saturday my cable went out. Then on Sunday I lost internet, which means I also lost the phone since mine runs through it.

I was without for FIVE DAYS, people. I mooched internet off my neighbors, but it only worked sporadically and this phone was my only link to the outside world.

*Cue the sounds of my desperation*

divider green

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6.7.11

All that quiet time did give me a chance to catch up on my reading, though. :) I'm diving into The Fitting Room by Kelly Minter, along with about a million other people, for the Bloom Book Club selection. And I'm really liking it so far… they have video discussions with the author that have been great if you want to join in!

divider green

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6.8.11

Between Simon and Theodore jumping into the pot as they're playing, and the downpours of rain, my poor flowers have taken a hit. So Linda {who delivers my groceries} sprinkled a bunch of black pepper in the soil in an effort to keep the chipmunks at bay.

Here's hoping they don't like their flowers with added seasoning…

divider green

Thursday, June 9, 2011

6.9.11

YAY THURSDAY!!! The cable guy came and got me fixed up just in time for the 6:00 news. That guy in the middle is my friend Candy's husband, Ron. He's the great guy who came and set up Oh Deer to keep me company this past winter.

He's what we call a full service newsman.

divider green

Friday, June 10, 2011

6.10.11

Lady, I gotta say, I got a lot more
attention when the cable was out.

divider green

Saturday, June 11, 2011

6.11.11

This picture is one I shouldn't admit to since I claimed in yesterday's post that my sanity was firmly intact.

I washed this same set of sheets a grand total of FOUR TIMES before I finally remembered to put them where you now see them in the photo.

IN THE DRYER.

Please tell me other people start the wash and forget to finish it in the same day…

divider green

Sunday, June 12, 2011

6.12.11

This is by far the happiest photo of my entire week.

Maybe the entire year.

Because my sweet niece Becca, the one who I used to play with for hours as she pretended to be a horse herself, has achieved the greatest desire of her heart. She is now the proud owner of her very own pony, whom she named Chicago. Isn't she stunning?

The horse is pretty, too.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus