Monday, June 20, 2011

Instrument of Action

Prayer is not an old woman's idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action.
                        ~ Mahatma Gandhi

My Grandma Flo was nothing less than a prayer warrior. I remember going into her spare bedroom and there, on the dresser that now stands in my home, would lay her rosary beads. Worn and weathered from constant use, prayers for her soul and the souls of those she loved.

I use my own beads regularly, and not a bit of wear shows on them. It gives me pause to realize how much dedication and love it took to whittle away the paint on her own.

Grandma died a hard but beautiful death, due in large part, I believe, because she prayed for just that. To be welcomed into the arms of Jesus in a beautiful moment. When I learned that was her prayer I realized something… that there is nothing too large or too small that can be asked. We need to speak to Him about everything, in the midst of everything.

And so I thought we would have a moment today to do just that. To share in that kind of prayer together. If you'd like, as we have done before, just leave your prayer request in the comment section and then take the time to pray for the intention of the commenter before you.

I will get my beads moving today for all of you. Thank you for the ways that you are always praying for me. I know that you do, because I know that without them I wouldn't be living this life as well as I am. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus