Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gitz Bits: week 24

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, June 13, 2011

6.13.11

I have been searching for a way to use my laptop in bed… it hurts too much to rest it on my legs, but most lap desks won't work because the bed is so adjusted that they topple over. Which means, to write a blog post, I was sitting in the bed with the laptop flat on the bed next to me and I was trying to twist my body to type on the keys.

In case you're wondering, that hurts almost as much as putting the laptop on my legs.

BUT LOOK WHAT I FOUND! It's a lap desk that lets you put the legs in super weird positions. So for the past week I've been able to work for bursts of time and actually get a few emails answered. Of course, there was a day when I worked at it too long and paid for it in pain and energy, and it ended with me in spasms and dropping the computer off the bed and onto the floor.

But, being the luckiest girl in the world, nothing bad happened to the computer and I'm learning to be happy with short bursts of computer time. :) This is going to make things so much simpler!

divider green

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6.14.11

Dawn strikes again! She came on Tuesday to clean and brought a tube of Hy-Vee cinnamon rolls that contain no milk or butter! She whipped them up while she was here and, as you can see, a couple went missing before I bothered to take a photo.

Yum. O.

divider green

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6.15.11

Wednesday was a fun mail day. My friend Jen sent me this gorgeous photo book of the sights of Australia, where she lives. And I am so in love that I have decided I want to become an Aussie. Would you just look at that beach? And the water? Can't you just imagine the breeze and the smell and the mist on your face?

divider green

Thursday, June 16, 2011

6.16.11

Thursday was grocery day, and my Jonboy came along with Grandma Linda to make the delivery. You guys, he is the sweetest thing. He came in and gave me a hug, and then promptly set about helping. First he got out my vacuum and did a quick once-over {I didn't have the heart to tell him the cleaning lady had just been here}, and then helped Linda get all the bird feeders filled.

We made a date to watch Battle Force Five {one of his favorites} and have a sleep over this summer. I dread the day he decides he's too big for all of this kind of stuff, because it makes my heart so happy.

divider green

Friday, June 17, 2011

6.17.11

It was time for one of my "fruit of the month" deliveries … can you BELIEVE those strawberries?!?! It is so wild to open a box and have each strawberry settled into it's own little space. They are all perfectly shaped and the exact same size.

I can't even imagine having the job of picking them out and measuring them up.

But I am very good at the job of eating them.

divider green

Saturday, June 18, 2011

6.18.11

I spent most of the weekend watching this guy, Rory McIlroy, blow up the golf course. I was so excited to have the U.S. Open to keep me company, and to see ads that Wimbledon is on next weekend. The days can go by so slowly, so it's nice to have something to keep me occupied.

Ironically, I've never played golf or tennis, and didn't care about them when I was well. But now I'm completely convinced I would have been great at both! I'm just glad no one can make me prove it. :)

divider green

Sunday, June 19, 2011

6.19.11

This is a photo my sister-in-law took of my Dad on his birthday last year. And it's the image I could stop looking at on Sunday. I'm always convinced I'm going to handle these days better than I actually do. But I grieve him so hard because he loved me so well.

And that's a great problem to have.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus