Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gitz Bits 2011: Week 3

We're going to go ahead and call this one "better late than never." :) Thanks for being so patient with me this week!

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, January 17, 2011

1.17.11

This was the Monday that my doctor came out to see me. I'm so blessed to have medical professionals who come to my home... the only drawback was that she came at 8:00 in the morning.

Needless to say, both she and Riley hung out with me in my pajamas that day. :)

divider green

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1.18.11

Along with all-day pajamas, being sick makes me even more in love with my hats. This is my favorite one this winter... it's a Peter Grimm hat and is the softest, most comfortable one I've ever worn. I can even have it on if I have a migraine, and if you've ever had a migraine you know that's saying something!

divider green

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1.19.11

I took quite a few of the photos for this week's Gitz Bits with the new texting machine. :) They aren't the best quality pictures, but it was pretty handy for catching Riley off guard. Most mornings we woke up to the house being around 59* or 60*, which is super cold, but helps me breathe quite a bit better.

Needless to say, he spent most of his time cuddled under the covers.

divider green

Thursday, January 20, 2011

1.20.11

By Thursday, the medications had me throwing up around the clock, so Riley was more inclined to sleep on the pillow rather than cuddle up with me. But he dutifully stayed by my side every time I was in the bathroom getting sick.

He'd look at me with those pitiful eyes, and I have to admit that the sympathy does help a little. :)

divider green

Friday, January 21, 2011

1.21.11

On Friday I got a care package from the lovely Dayspring (in)courage staff. They periodically send bits of love out to us writers, and it just happened to come on a week where the love was even more appreciated by me.

I mean, what could be better than to get this book in my hot little hands?!?! If you haven't picked up Ann Voskamp's book for yourself yet, you MUST.

Trust me.

divider green

Saturday, January 22, 2011

1.22.11

This gorgeous cross was in my package as well, and I have it in my bedroom where I can see it all the time. It's simple and meaningful and lovely, and very much appreciated.

divider green

Sunday, January 23, 2011

1.23.11

It's ALIVE!

Guys, I thought I had killed the un-killable plant. I am so not a green thumb, but this philodendron has managed to stay alive since I was in college. It's simple and doesn't flower, so I'm not yet allergic to it... which is even greater incentive for not killing it. But having not watered it for a month or two, I thought my luck had run out.

Luckily, after two days of watering it, the waning, pitiful leaves began to perk up to this state and hope took root again.

I'll let you know next week if it comes to a full revival. Smile

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus